Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t see us paying it, we don't work that way at all. I sadly feel this is one of those drawn out deals that’ll fail to get done and someone else will swoop in and just pay the fee they want. I get the principle of the club, I genuinely do but I sometimes feel we need to just get the player we want rather than stringing it out,
Rice is the perfect example (I wasn’t convinced about him to be honest and stated it many tInes) we offered £80m + £10m, so we valued him at £80m but were willing to extend that by another £10m if we achieved certain goals that guaranteed us a financial return. If he was who we really wanted though we could of still valued him at £80m and paid it, but increased the £10m to £20m and strung it out over a longer period which in turn would of meant financial rewards for us having achieved the triggers that require us to pay it.
It made zero sense to walk away over a figure that could have been justifiable long term.
The media can spin it how they like but the initial fee before bonuses is our valuation, the rest is a sweetener based on us succeeding and whoever the player is doing so too.
What did we win this season? £295m? lets hypothetically say we win £400m over the next two seasons under Pep and let’s take Rice as an example again, that’s £20m over those 2 seasons extra in payments we’d have to pay out of the £400m return.
It was a no brainier, we had nothing to lose as the extra bonus payments were only payable had we hit our goals and collected further trophies.
Anyway back to Gvardiol, I think he’d be an outstanding addition but I suspect he needs to a) publicly declare his ambition to sign for us, b) City need to go in hard with a genuine and realistic offer, and c) we need to wrap this up in days not weeks.
The Rice involvement just infuriates. We were willing, as per numerous sources, to pay ~£90m for his services; that indicates he's a player Pep greatly admires, and one he could have molded into something special. To back out for the sake of saving £10m, when we've just had our most successful season and are sitting on a prize pot of ~£300m and are in a position of unenviable stature, is frustrating.

Likewise Gvardiol. He's a player that will become one of the best in the world and Pep's priority; we need to pay the fee before someone else swoops in. I get the feeling the club adhere to these principles for fear of how we look to the rest of the football world. Well fuck that, we were labelled and tarnished long ago and nothing we do now will change that.

Leipzig appear to be throwing some £ around this week, seems they don’t have the issues around £ for 30/6.

They may be aware some ££ is coming in of course (PLEASE!).

The guy has played both centre half and right back- this coupled with the fact they are signing that other kid from dinamo surely is a good sign?
They are also looking at Lukeba at Lyon. Good signs indeed. Unless they are replacing Diallo.

Looks like they’re getting their spending in ahead of the Gvardiol deal being done, all positive signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.