Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to properly fuck me off if we back out of this one. Given his prospective ceiling, and Pep's clear admiration rendering him a priority, the club should have paid Leipzig's fee ages ago. We agreed personal terms the best part of a month ago, so where's the hold up? You can bet a penny to a pound of shit someone will beat us to his signature if we don't get it done.

The Rice decision grates but at the very least he was second choice. This lad is supposedly Pep's number one target for the summer; we should be bending over backwards for him given the season he's just treated us to.

Going to properly fuck me off if we back out of this one. Given his prospective ceiling, and Pep's clear admiration rendering him a priority, the club should have paid Leipzig's fee ages ago. We agreed personal terms the best part of a month ago, so where's the hold up? You can bet a penny to a pound of shit someone will beat us to his signature if we don't get it done.

The Rice decision grates but at the very least he was second choice. This lad is supposedly Pep's number one target for the summer; we should be bending over backwards for him given the season he's just treated us to.

Bellingham was the number one chair Pep this summer imo mate and Rice number 2 and we missed both? I get the whole valuation thing to a point but I do wish we were a bit more arrogant in the market at times and sorted our business out , especially eh our manager has just achieved history for the club again?

We could give him the year with us though? Hard to say but KDB is going to need wrapped in cotton wool over the next couple of years and we should be looking long term starting now?
We could but he’s only had 10 games worth of minutes this season. They’ll still want a huge fee for him so I’d rather wait and see if the ACL will have done any long term damage.

We could give him the year with us though? Hard to say but KDB is going to need wrapped in cotton wool over the next couple of years and we should be looking long term starting now?
This is where I'm at. I think we need to acquire a young dynamic midfielder this year to insert into the rotation. Someone that is at least far enough along in his progression that Pep can trust him to see a decent chunk of minutes.

Does a certain Foden ring any bells?
Clearly the club feels we need more bodies in midfield or they wouldn't have been after Bellingham and Rice. The people on here acting like we have enough are ignoring the Club's actions. The Club is telling you we need more.

Clearly the club feels we need more bodies in midfield or they wouldn't have been after Bellingham and Rice. The people on here acting like we have enough are ignoring the Club's actions. The Club is telling you we need more.

And if that is the case, the club will do something to rectify the situation.

You and others, constanly wringing their hands in anguish isn't going to alter the club's approach.

And if that is the case, the club will do something to rectify the situation.

You and others, constanly wringing their hands in anguish isn't going to alter the club's approach.
I'm not in anguish at all. I'm discussing the issues at hand. This is a City discussion forum after all.

Going to say something controversial but defensive talents at a high level should be worth alot more than attackers.
Yeah, that's controversial and wrong.

Every great or world class winning team, has a very strong foundation at the back.
Most did. But they also had an amazing Frontline.

You cant win a league without a strong back line or a champions league. PSG, Bayern last season , Juve when they had Ronaldo, etc incredible attacking talent but average defence and it cost them.
PSG does this in the French league all the time. So clearly you can. But sure it's not advisable to be one sided. However , teams that are strictly nothing just great defensive teams don't even come close to winning either

The Real Madrid team that won back to back champions leagues, had a very strong backline and DM.
Pray tell, how was their Frontline? Even better than their backline. So how is this an argument for backline.

The Bayern team that won the treble strong back line.
And they also had the best Striker in the world, a few of the most dominant wingers and Muller. Again, this is not a winning example.

Legendary Italian teams Ac and Inter had incredible defences.

The legendary AC Milan team, you mean the one that had the Dutch attackin Trio? L

One can easily claim every legendary team had a great attack. Because part of what makes teams legendary is that they are good everywhere.

So they didn't become Legendary because they had a strong back line, they became legendary for being strong everywhere.

All that said, the greatest team of all time , the Barcelona treble winning side, had a good defense a legendary midfield and a legendary attack. So of all the Legendary teams, the greatest one of all does not support your argument.

I rest my case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.