Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggesting City would retrieve any additional £10m paid for Gvardiol by adding £50 to season ticket prices is disingenuous at best, delusional at worst. And if the club identify someone they believe is the next Messi then they'll find that extra £10mil from somewhere. As any elite club would.

We're talking about an extra £10mil to bring in the best young defender on the planet; fucking hell we've just flogged James Trafford for double that. He's Pep's primary target, and given our incredible manager isn't going to be around forever, we need to be securing the players he is identifying so the transition from Pep-ball to NewManager-ball is as seamless as possible.
Your post makes no sense the original poster wasn’t suggesting that they where saying we need to stick to our budget so he was in agreement with you or at least I think he was but your second Paragraph seems to contracting this by suggesting that the best defender is worth over paying for perhaps hinting at marketing help I doubt it helps much outside of Messi Ronaldo back in the day Haaland etc not usually defenders not sure what Trafford has to do with this if we over pay for a players we cannot then sell a youth player to make up the difference we cannot guarantee more money or a find an extra player to sell from youth we have who we have

Your post makes no sense the original poster wasn’t suggesting that they where saying we need to stick to our budget so he was in agreement with you or at least I think he was but your second Paragraph seems to contracting this by suggesting that the best defender is worth over paying for perhaps hinting at marketing help I doubt it helps much outside of Messi Ronaldo back in the day Haaland etc not usually defenders not sure what Trafford has to do with this if we over pay for a players we cannot then sell a youth player to make up the difference we cannot guarantee more money or a find an extra player to sell from youth we have who we have
Maybe I've misinterpreted, but I read it as paying the Leipzig fee would mean an increase in ticket prices; which is ludicrous. If I've misunderstood his point then fair enough, but I don't think I did.

My second paragraph suggested we should pay the Leipzig fee, which is currently about £10-15m higher than we want to go. Marketing has nothing to do with it.

Suggesting City would retrieve any additional £10m paid for Gvardiol by adding £50 to season ticket prices is disingenuous at best, delusional at worst. And if the club identify someone they believe is the next Messi then they'll find that extra £10mil from somewhere. As any elite club would.

We're talking about an extra £10mil to bring in the best young defender on the planet; fucking hell we've just flogged James Trafford for double that. He's Pep's primary target, and given our incredible manager isn't going to be around forever, we need to be securing the players he is identifying so the transition from Pep-ball to NewManager-ball is as seamless as possible.
I'm saying 10 to 15 million is not pocket money and every penny the club spends has an opportunity cost.

Please don't call me delusional.

Last edited:

+1.

It's full of net-spenders mate. They're happy to miss out on Gvardiol if it means the club saving £10mil to put towards, ermm...absolutely nobody as good.

Maybe if City save this £10mill on Josko, they won’t put season tickets prices up again in the 2024/25 sseason?

I'm saying 10 to 15 million is not pocket money and every penny the club spends has an opportunity cost.

Please don't call me delusional.
You do realise how much money City have spent and wasted on absolutely useless players since Shielk Mansour bought the club? The figure is in the £100’s of millions. And you’re still banging on about saving £10mill. FFS, give it up!

Maybe I've misinterpreted, but I read it as paying the Leipzig fee would mean an increase in ticket prices; which is ludicrous. If I've misunderstood his point then fair enough, but I don't think I did.

My second paragraph suggested we should pay the Leipzig fee, which is currently about £10-15m higher than we want to go. Marketing has nothing to do with it.
You minsinterpreted. He was just showing the 15 mill isn’t peanuts and is probably about 25% of our profits annually. do that on 3 or 4 transfers and it is unaffordable. For this I expect we’ll pay it but it shouldn’t be without proper consideration.

Isn't there a large sum of money to carry over from previous player sales or something that wasn't added to the last financial accounts?
Maybe ,I don’t know, but historically I don’t remember our profits ever being much more than 10% of revenue. Quite often less than 10%.So I doubt any profit projections will be much more than 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.