Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “huge additional revenues” from winning the Treble are an incremental 50m max, most of which will have gone out on bonuses. We also have a £300m new North Stand to build..
I'm only guessing here with fag packet accounting but with revenue of approx £500 mill we have been making roughly £50 mill profit,less some years. Using that, even if we increase revenue to £700mill I wouldn't expect profit increase be much more than £20 mill. Too easy to confuse revenues with profit or even losses.

Seems like we are clearing the decks for a spell in league two, post premier league charges ;)

What I don’t get is if you identify a player and there is competition, sometimes you need to pay over the odds.

Offering £90m for Rice, could’ve gone to £105m (offloading some academy kid for the other £15m)

Players will choose City but they are also like the rest of us, if there is significant money elsewhere, they will relent.

Could be the year where we slide back into the pack. No panic, as long as the board stop worrying about looking good with regards to net spend. You get what you pay for….

Seems like we are clearing the decks for a spell in league two, post premier league charges ;)

What I don’t get is if you identify a player and there is competition, sometimes you need to pay over the odds.

Offering £90m for Rice, could’ve gone to £105m (offloading some academy kid for the other £15m)

Players will choose City but they are also like the rest of us, if there is significant money elsewhere, they will relent.

Could be the year where we slide back into the pack. No panic, as long as the board stop worrying about looking good with regards to net spend. You get what you pay for….
Your’e just having a laugh here, I hope anyway.

Is he serious?

Not having a go at you.

You don't know that. You don't access to any financial information at the club that backs up your comments. Nobody does on BM.

Expanding a stand hasn't stopped Liverpool or other clubs expanding their grounds from buying players. It didn't stop City buying players when the South stand was expanded.
We do know that the new stand and development is £300m, that’s on the record. Liverpool’s new stand is reported at around £110m.

Last year we went from the semi final of the CL the year before to being the winners. That’s an additional 4-6m euros for reaching the final and an additional 20m for winning it, from what I can work out from UEFAs figures. FA Cup winners get 2m. It’s not close to 300m extra in revenue.

Worst case scenario, I still don't think there's any chance we end up not challenging strongly for the title.

Walker, Bernado, Mahrez leave, we will get at least one player back in. It would be tight but doable.

Personally I still hope there is a bit more to come, although I'm opening my eyes to what Txiki might be trying to do here. Take value deals for experienced players who should be motivated to go that extra yard to fight to get in the team, and get these prizes at the height of their careers.

The “huge additional revenues” from winning the Treble are an incremental 50m max, most of which will have gone out on bonuses. We also have a £300m new North Stand to build..
That 300mil doesn’t count towards FFP so it shouldn’t affect our transfers. We’ll probably take out a loan where the additional revenue will offset the annual repayments, similar to Spurs did with their stadium.

Mate you are too emotional and sentimental….

wait a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.