Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand why trusting the process and us missing out on big transfers are seen as the same thing.

Everybody here believes Pep is the greatest manager of all time and regardless of the boards continual transfer problems he can see us through.

Take last summer, we trigger Haalands release clause (thankfully we didn't need to negotiate a fee) but are unable to secure a quality left back featuring a long saga for Cucurella. Thankfully Pep is a genius and the 4 centre back formation wins us the treble.

The summer before that we trigger Grealishs release clause (thankfully we didn't need to negotiate a fee) but we fail to sign a striker featuring a long saga for Kane. Thankfully Pep is a genius and the false 9 formation wins us the league.

We all know Pep will work something out but acting like missing out on our main targets every summer that involve us negotiating with a club isn't a common occurrence is disingenuous.
Haaland could still have gone anywhere so we did very well there despite the clause.

the phenomenon of BM members inventing whiny flappers to throw eggs at instead of engaging with the meat of the argument is bizarre. The only thing people said is that the transfer window has been a very poor one so far. We have taken quite a few L's on things we wanted to achieve - we wanted to get bellingham, rice, gvardiol, gundo, we wanted to keep walker. These things didn't end up happening, not necessarily due to our fault, but they just didn't. It is inarguable that things haven't gone according to plan, I don't understand how acknowledging that makes you entitled.

the phenomenon of BM members inventing whiny flappers to throw eggs at instead of engaging with the meat of the argument is bizarre. The only thing people said is that the transfer window has been a very poor one so far. We have taken quite a few L's on things we wanted to achieve - we wanted to get bellingham, rice, gvardiol, gundo, we wanted to keep walker. These things didn't end up happening, not necessarily due to our fault, but they just didn't. It is inarguable that things haven't gone according to plan, I don't understand how acknowledging that makes you entitled.
Look at the language used by certain posters

I really don't understand why trusting the process and us missing out on big transfers are seen as the same thing.

Everybody here believes Pep is the greatest manager of all time and regardless of the boards continual transfer problems he can see us through.

Take last summer, we trigger Haalands release clause (thankfully we didn't need to negotiate a fee) but are unable to secure a quality left back featuring a long saga for Cucurella. Thankfully Pep is a genius and the 4 centre back formation wins us the treble.

The summer before that we trigger Grealishs release clause (thankfully we didn't need to negotiate a fee) but we fail to sign a striker featuring a long saga for Kane. Thankfully Pep is a genius and the false 9 formation wins us the league.

We all know Pep will work something out but acting like missing out on our main targets every summer that involve us negotiating with a club isn't a common occurrence is disingenuous.

It is not though, imo.

In addition to those two, we also missed out on signing a Kompany replacement and signed Dias the following year. We missed out on Jorginho, and signed Rodri the following year. We missed out on Sanchez and signed Mahrez the following year. We missed out on Laporte, and signed him eventually.

And Pep has been happy through it all, and we have won trophies consistently. Which surely suggests that he is on board with the process and doesn't panic or kick up a fuss. And that they all seem to agree that big players for big fees are worth getting right and if it means waiting then that's what happens.

Plus that is literally what he repeatedly tells us, and Khaldoon occasionally tells us.

He’d be a brilliant signing. But if we have to go with Laporte instead it hardly weakens us to the extent that it effects our trophy chances
Yeah, that's why we keep Laporte before signing Gvardiol. Helpful in negotiations to have the option to walk away and not get fleeced.

Same for Leipzig. But they need a plausible resale margin, and Lyon rightfully try to fleece Leipzig. Gvardiol is overpriced and why shouldn't Lukeba be sold overpriced?

We are at the end of that cue, sadly.
But as you say we have the option to walk away.

Us only looking for quality targets from now it will be the standard procedure in the future (bar release clauses). Still the flappers will lose their shits every single time to come.

City, as proven over the last decade, don’t give two hoots about any PR war mate.
We just crack on with winning.
oh i think everyone cares about optics, in general, not just football. but i’m a cynic :D

as a complete outsider i find this very interesting. all the tier 1 and itk info, if true, singled out gvardiol as pep’s top priority target. so why are fans discussing this transfer saga bad fans who should shut up and trust the process? it seems that they trust pep very much and would like pep to get his player.

oh i think everyone cares about optics, in general, not just football. but i’m a cynic :D

as a complete outsider i find this very interesting. all the tier 1 and itk info, if true, singled out gvardiol as pep’s top priority target. so why are fans discussing this transfer saga bad fans who should shut up and trust the process? it seems that they trust pep very much and would like pep to get his player.
We hope we get the players Pep wants

But the club as a whole don’t want our pants pulling down and having our arse slapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.