Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m aware.

However I gave the information that I received including the timeframe.

‘Expect the clubs to announce full agreement within the next 48 hours’
That would be today. Any news on this, mate?

I think because there’s a lot of frustration that we missed out on Bellingham then Rice (particularly galling as it was to last season’s closest rival) compounded by losing Gundo and the uncertainty around a number of our squad like Bernie and Walker and now the time it’s taking to get Gvardiol, or not.

Quite reasonably many of us are a bit worried the squad will be weaker this season unless the board can work its magic and pull a couple of decent first team standard signings out of the bag. Hopefully they will.

Unfortunately, the way some express these frustrations by criticising the club or Txiki (wrongly in my opinion) leads to other posters vehemently defending the way we’re run. It just keeps on in circles with everyone arguing blue on blue, yet all we want is for City to be successful and win the title again (and maybe a cup or two) next season. We’re all on the same team here!

For what it’s worth, my opinion is we definitely do need at least one top class midfielder in, and ideally a fast winger. I personally don’t believe any of Bobb, McAtee or Palmer are anywhere near the level of Bernie, Gundo or Mahrez, (never mind Rice or Bellingham), so we will be a lot weaker if we don’t buy top players to replace any who leave, or even just to refresh the team.

Yes we have a great core of first teamers, and of course we won the Treble, but that’s gone now, we’re going for it again this season, we have to. We can’t afford to be complacent.
Great post, agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.