Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think because there’s a lot of frustration that we missed out on Bellingham then Rice (particularly galling as it was to last season’s closest rival) compounded by losing Gundo and the uncertainty around a number of our squad like Bernie and Walker and now the time it’s taking to get Gvardiol, or not.

Quite reasonably many of us are a bit worried the squad will be weaker this season unless the board can work its magic and pull a couple of decent first team standard signings out of the bag. Hopefully they will.

Unfortunately, the way some express these frustrations by criticising the club or Txiki (wrongly in my opinion) leads to other posters vehemently defending the way we’re run. It just keeps on in circles with everyone arguing blue on blue, yet all we want is for City to be successful and win the title again (and maybe a cup or two) next season. We’re all on the same team here!

For what it’s worth, my opinion is we definitely do need at least one top class midfielder in, and ideally a fast winger. I personally don’t believe any of Bobb, McAtee or Palmer are anywhere near the level of Bernie, Gundo or Mahrez, (never mind Rice or Bellingham), so we will be a lot weaker if we don’t buy top players to replace any who leave, or even just to refresh the team.

Yes we have a great core of first teamers, and of course we won the Treble, but that’s gone now, we’re going for it again this season, we have to. We can’t afford to be complacent.
Good post. The only part I disagree with is the issue of young players. Based on your post, they would not get the opportunity, and neither would a 21 year-old David Silva or KDB. I agree that someone like Gundo cannot be replaced by Palmer, but he isn't being. Gundo is being replaced by a more mature Phil Foden or a talent like Kovacic. We cannot replace like for like so we just have to look at the overall situation. As it stands, the change is one out and one in, and lots of Twitter gossip making people frustrated. Most fans here, including me, know absolutely nothing about our negotiations, not who we are truly in for.

Just waiting for a fake itk to come on here so we can slate him call him names..
There should be an induction course, like when you apply to become an American citizen (see what I did there!)
It would save a lot of time if they knew the meaning of:
1 Rag
2 being slapped on a train
3 Dipper
4 FOC and respect
5 ITK and know nowts
6 Barms
7 Release clauses
8 York away
9 FFS
10 Rick
Just for the beginners.

Our guys are rich. They don't need to be smart. They just threw money at the situation.
So is every other owner in the premier league
Utd have had the highest turnover for years and years
However they have a crumbling ground and training ground numerous high profile transfer disasters and a lack of recent success
We have won 5/6 leagues the treble and have 10 plus clubs in the CFA family worldwide
We have an academy making money from player sales
A new training facility and a ground about to be expanded
So in my opinion they have a vision and are smart
But disagree all you want it’s about opinions

Just listening to Sam Lee's podcast (I know, I know) and he's saying this transfer is "like it being 60 mins and City need a goal".

Anyone else a bit worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.