Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be worried if we’d already sold Walker and Laporte (and even Cancelo). As it stands we have Aké, Dias, Stones, Akanji, Laporte, Walker and Lewis (and even Cancelo) who can all play at the back.

That’s the strongest back line depth in football history.
Apologies for the flap. I am ashamed of myself.

Think we and others have been waiting for movement on Mbappe. That one affects all major clubs. There's a big demand for strikers this summer - it has a big knock on effect on that. There will be an attempt to pile pressure on Real to make a move. Let's see what that brings.

I'm content that we hold firm to a valuation and don't spunk as much money as we are asked every single time it is demanded of us City tax and all. If we don't get him, we move on. It seems to have worked out pretty well the last 10 or seasons. Seem to remember a Koulibaly situation that worked out pretty well with Dias instead. Also remember a Vlahovic situation that ended in Haaland, a Fred situation that ended in Rodri... and those are just a few recent ones.
So many here especially ones with a dubious post count who show up claiming they've followed the team for decades- they prattle on like we have a couple of trained chimps with t-shirt guns that shoot cash out of them running our club- there's a reason we are so successful and a reason that everyone is literally trying to take us down. The 10's of millions we don't throw at clubs for players compounds into 100s of millions that has us reinvesting else where which strengthens our club and it's components.

I say hold course as a club, do what has worked- and as a fan, keep your nerve and grow a stiffer spine or take up knitting or darts (with blunt needles and arrows).

Last edited:
Just listening to Sam Lee's podcast (I know, I know) and he's saying this transfer is "like it being 60 mins and City need a goal".

Anyone else a bit worried?
Not really. He is a nice to have, will improve options, but not vital. If it's like waiting for a goal after 60 minutes, it's in a dead rubber after we have already won the league.

People are getting too emotionally involved in this transfer, probably because we missed out on Bellingham and Rice. Be more Zen, people.

So is every other owner in the premier league
Utd have had the highest turnover for years and years
However they have a crumbling ground and training ground numerous high profile transfer disasters and a lack of recent success
We have won 5/6 leagues the treble and have 10 plus clubs in the CFA family worldwide
We have an academy making money from player sales
A new training facility and a ground about to be expanded
So in my opinion they have a vision and are smart
But disagree all you want it’s about opinions

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the simple fact is that our success over the past seven seasons is due almost entirely to our massively wealthy owners throwing money at getting Pep Guardiola as coach.
It doesn't matter how wealthy any other owners are, but bringing the rags into the equation is a rather pathetic attempt at deflection on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.