Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly wouldn't want to commit either way at this point.

Mangala was supposed to be the dog's bollocks when we signed him, as was Koulibaly when we tried to sign him.

According to many people on here Akanji was rubbish before we signed him, and Ake apparently wasn't good enough.

I'll keep my fingers crossed on Gvardiol (if we ever actually sign him), and just hope that he's another Stones or Dias rather than Mangala.
I think we’ve most definitely evolved since the mangalas of this world, we very rarely get the higher end wrong these days; Akanji, Ake, in relative terms, were no risk whatsoever, the former was essentially peanuts and Ake, although nobody could of envisaged the stand out season of last, would of been sold for a profit last year if the Chelsea move went through…

Buying at this level obviously comes with risk but everything I’ve seen, coupled with Peps abilities, points towards another banker; the beauty is, even at that price, he doesn’t have to be rushed and can be polished!

Pep wanted Johnny Evans and Harry Maguire as centre backs as well for a bit of balance. And before you mention that I rate them as highly as Gvardiol you are mistaken. Chances are he could end up City in the next couple of weeks and I will give him a fair chance. But until then he is still a RB Leipzig player and I have my doubts he is absolute top quality.
Everone is entitled to an opinion. Others jumped in on your behalf yesterday to make this point. But there's the consensus, the minority, and the obscure in terms of opinions. And then there's some of the off the wall stuff you come up with...your making this kid out to be some random hopeful rather than the top young defensive prospect in the game...silly I tell ya...

100 million pounds is too much for him , especially when we are struggling to sell Laporte for even 30 million euros

Everone is entitled to an opinion. Others jumped in on your behalf yesterday to make this point. But there's the consensus, the minority, and the obscure in terms of opinions. And then there's some of the off the wall stuff you come up with...your making this kid out to be some random hopeful rather than the top young defensive prospect in the game...silly I tell ya...
I did say he is no mug. But again he is still not quite the real deal either otherwise we would of met their valuation without much hesitation and not tried to haggle. Again going off that clip it can be improved upon but there are errors in his game that do need to be worked on. The point I was making about Maguire and Evans Pep wanted them as well and he doesn't completely gets what he wants in the transfer market.

Last edited:
Nevertheless , he IS entitled to an opinion. Chill.

I did say he is no mug. But again he is still not quite the real deal either otherwise we would of met their valuation without much hesitation and not tried to haggle. Again going off that clip it is not can be improved upon but there are errors in his game that do need to be worked on. The point I was making about Maguire and Evans Pep wanted them as well and he doesn't completely get what he wants in the transfer market.
I agree. But he does have the raw materials to be the best in the world, after a couple,of years under Pep, don’t forget is only 21yr s old.
We are not buying the finished product here, we’re buying the best available at his age with a view to being the best for next x10yrs. That makes him a price worth paying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.