Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squad spaces and FFP won't be playing a role.

Squads don't need to be declared until the end of the transfer window, Laporte, Cancelo, Perrone, Palmer and Gomez have either wanted to leave or would have the opportunity to go to a decent team on loan. Cancelo to Bayern happened in a day. Restricting getting a player for the first team because of that would be incredibly foolish and I have more faith in the team than that. Gaughan also reported today that Laporte can only leave when/if Gvardiol comes in, not the other way.

FFP. What's the latest on this transfer window? Something like 40m in net profit? Gvardiol coming in on a £86m 5 year deal would be amortised to £17.2m a year. His salary would be cancelled out by Laporte/Cancelo's departures.

Have to figure into this that we also bid £80m for Rice while also negotiating for Gvardiol - again, no concerns for squad numbers or FFP with that.

The player we target is normally high value. Look at gvardiol. The one in one out policy is another indication. The whole no value in the market is a ruse. Plenty of players we could be targeting. Mahrez is certainly replaceable. Gundo probably not.

Someone said it earlier, we have plenty of good players but not enough match winners. They cost a lot of money unfortunately.

The financial microscope is on us like a rash.

The squad is fantastic but we lack a creative player. Games would be won so much easier. Haaland’s ability’s are wasted in some games.

Pep said we waiting on a few to leave would also suggest financial restraint.
Or it suggests that he's aware of squad limits?

I highly doubt that FFP is anything more than something to be aware of.

Or it suggests that he's aware of squad limits?

I highly doubt that FFP is anything more than something to be aware of.
Maybe you are correct on both counts or maybe it’s a mixture of squad limit and ffp.Either way it was obvious last season and more so now that Gundo is gone that we need a creative player. The drop from Kev is massive.

I can understand why we want gvardiol but not at the expense of a genuine world class attacker. Seems silly that we can only negotiate with one player at a time. I would be disappointed if we don’t address the issue above. Defensively the team is still strong but going forward we are not clinical.

We will be ok next season either way.

Maybe you are correct on both counts or maybe it’s a mixture of squad limit and ffp.Either way it was obvious last season and more so now that Gundo is gone that we need a creative player. The drop from Kev is massive.

I can understand why we want gvardiol but not at the expense of a genuine world class attacker. Seems silly that we can only negotiate with one player at a time. I would be disappointed if we don’t address the issue above. Defensively the team is still strong but going forward we are not clinical.

We will be ok next season either way.
Just think what we could have won last season if only we'd had another creative player ;)

What makes you think we can only negotiate with one player at a time? None of us have a clue how busy they are behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.