Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a strange one where people cannot express concern until the end of the transfer window.

The same people calling ones flappers, will also be the same ones saying how well run we are on previous seasons when we identify, buy early and have them in the squad pre season.

This window so far has seen teams improve, Liverpool (our biggest threat) have a lot more quality in CM.

We where clearly in for Bellingham and Rice and have ended up with neither (it happens).

We have lost Gundogan (I like Kovatic and age profile is better, but big boots to fill). Mahrez was an exceptional player, but whilst I don’t think we had much option it leaves us short.

I can see why people feel we need 1 if not 2 more and that’s before anything with Walker/ Silva related. We are also hoping for a significant upturn in form from Phillips, which seems a long way off at present.

The Gvardiol transfer is an upgrade, but if it doesn’t happen and Laporte is happy to do another season then Ake, Dias, Akanji I’m comfortable with and Laporte as back up.

I don’t believe there is a drop off in the club, there will be as much will to win as before. I do believe we are extremely well run and will be making plans. Having Pep, Haaland and KDB is a dream and we won’t want to not make the most.

However even the best plans don’t always work and we could end up coming out of this window in a weaker position.

I believe you stand still in football you go backwards, so being weaker will impact a lot.

It’s not doubting the board and their ability, I am sure they will have made the best decisions they felt right, with the info at the time.

However, I do think there is a lot to do.
Careful pal - talking sense here isn’t for the feint hearted - best tow the party line or you risk getting pelters.

Still 2 weeks to go until the start of the season proper.

But If anyone thinks we’re going to win either the PL title or CL again after losing Mahrez and Gundogan, and only having the current team and squad, you can think again.

Revenues of £700mill according to Soriano, current transfers in and out are against player wise, and wages are a positive reduction for the club.
Put me down in the ‘i do’ list please.

It’s a strange one where people cannot express concern until the end of the transfer window.

The same people calling ones flappers, will also be the same ones saying how well run we are on previous seasons when we identify, buy early and have them in the squad pre season.

This window so far has seen teams improve, Liverpool (our biggest threat) have a lot more quality in CM.

We where clearly in for Bellingham and Rice and have ended up with neither (it happens).

We have lost Gundogan (I like Kovatic and age profile is better, but big boots to fill). Mahrez was an exceptional player, but whilst I don’t think we had much option it leaves us short.

I can see why people feel we need 1 if not 2 more and that’s before anything with Walker/ Silva related. We are also hoping for a significant upturn in form from Phillips, which seems a long way off at present.

The Gvardiol transfer is an upgrade, but if it doesn’t happen and Laporte is happy to do another season then Ake, Dias, Akanji I’m comfortable with and Laporte as back up.

I don’t believe there is a drop off in the club, there will be as much will to win as before. I do believe we are extremely well run and will be making plans. Having Pep, Haaland and KDB is a dream and we won’t want to not make the most.

However even the best plans don’t always work and we could end up coming out of this window in a weaker position.

I believe you stand still in football you go backwards, so being weaker will impact a lot.

It’s not doubting the board and their ability, I am sure they will have made the best decisions they felt right, with the info at the time.

However, I do think there is a lot to do.

Very good post that mate.

What does it do (I don’t do Twitter shit as I have human company)? I didn’t laugh as I thought he was right - did I miss the joke?
It causes irrational thinking.

You and your mate obviously are flappers who believe any old tosh posted on twitter.

And yes, as you keep wanting to remind people, you are entitled to an opinion. Well, mine is, you need to wise up and not panic reading social media.

Still 2 weeks to go until the start of the season proper.

But If anyone thinks we’re going to win either the PL title or CL again after losing Mahrez and Gundogan, and only having the current team and squad, you can think again.

Revenues of £700mill according to Soriano, current transfers in and out are against player wise, and wages are a positive reduction for the club.
Nonsense and your Soriano obsession is starting to look very silly.

Does anyone question Txiki ‘s incredibly powerful position? Genuine question. ONE man entirely responsible for so much? Is this the same at every top club?
How did he get the post? is he regarded as the best at what he does - it seems our owners must think so. Is he the Adrian Newy of football?
Hired as a negotiator only I assume. So the board and Pep tell him what they want and it’s his sole job to sort it out. Problem is, he doesn’t seem to me to have the success at that that I’d like to see.
i haven’t seen anyone questioning him here, is it a no go zone for chat/opinion by mere supporters because he’s untouchable?
what does anyone think?

Does anyone question Txiki ‘s incredibly powerful position? Genuine question. ONE man entirely responsible for so much? Is this the same at every top club?
How did he get the post? is he regarded as the best at what he does - it seems our owners must think so. Is he the Adrian Newy of football?
Hired as a negotiator only I assume. So the board and Pep tell him what they want and it’s his sole job to sort it out. Problem is, he doesn’t seem to me to have the success at that that I’d like to see.
i haven’t seen anyone questioning him here, is it a no go zone for chat/opinion by mere supporters because he’s untouchable?
what does anyone think?
Tell us exactly what you believe his remit and responsibilities are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.