Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the loads of things up in the air? This will get done, Walker and Bernie will stay. We may buy somebody who’s not been on BMs radar before the window closes as a little brucie bonus to keep the flappers happy as well.
Trust the process. The club have earned that at least.
Well said

“The fact is Man City would like to have him [Gvardiol]. Currently we are still very far apart [in negotiations]. The transfer of Szoboszlai has secured us financially. We don't need the money. We would prefer Josko to stay.''

RB Leipzig’s director of sport Max Eberl is quoted as saying this and I must confess that as soon as we'd heard Liverpool had wrapped up that transfer, we did fear that it would impact on our chances of getting Gvardiol, or at least it meant they'd not have to sell unless it suited them.

I really don't understand why trusting the process and us missing out on big transfers are seen as the same thing.

Everybody here believes Pep is the greatest manager of all time and regardless of the boards continual transfer problems he can see us through.

Take last summer, we trigger Haalands release clause (thankfully we didn't need to negotiate a fee) but are unable to secure a quality left back featuring a long saga for Cucurella. Thankfully Pep is a genius and the 4 centre back formation wins us the treble.

The summer before that we trigger Grealishs release clause (thankfully we didn't need to negotiate a fee) but we fail to sign a striker featuring a long saga for Kane. Thankfully Pep is a genius and the false 9 formation wins us the league.

We all know Pep will work something out but acting like missing out on our main targets every summer that involve us negotiating with a club isn't a common occurrence is disingenuous.
FFS we don’t have continual transfer problems & Pep is a brilliant coach - NOT god. He does NOT run the club with everyone dancing to his tune. He works WITH the management & our results show that EVERYONE at the club - Pep & the management team - are top notch. We don’t want to be known as the club that can be manoeuvred & held to ransom. We’re the tough cookies now - not the soft touches & it’s a good job we don’t do what some on here want.
Txiki has always organised transfers - NOT Pep. And it has been a successful strategy

It is not though, imo.

In addition to those two, we also missed out on signing a Kompany replacement and signed Dias the following year. We missed out on Jorginho, and signed Rodri the following year. We missed out on Sanchez and signed Mahrez the following year. We missed out on Laporte, and signed him eventually.

And Pep has been happy through it all, and we have won trophies consistently. Which surely suggests that he is on board with the process and doesn't panic or kick up a fuss. And that they all seem to agree that big players for big fees are worth getting right and if it means waiting then that's what happens.

Plus that is literally what he repeatedly tells us, and Khaldoon occasionally tells us.
Pep would never come out public and criticise the club so we would never know of any grumbles he has. Maybe he even likes the challenge.

The above is similar to what I have mentioned. We couldn't negotiate a deal for Jorginho but paid the release clause for Rodri, we couldn't originally negotiate a deal for Laporte but paid the release clause in the end.

Ruben Dias, Cancelo and Mahrez are the only big transfers we have been able to negotiate over the last 5-6 years. 2 of which we had a replacement in Otamendi and Danilo ready to go the other way.

Mate ultimately his own words at the end were, pay what we want and you have a deal, like for any player on the market. He can give it the big un to German media but ultimately Txiki and co aren’t amateurs, they won’t pay mind to that noise. The only thing certain is there’s a price and we have interest, it’s entirely up to us whether we pay that money or walk away, and that’s that. I just hope, for our sake, this deal doesn’t shift our focus from other targets re; Mahrez replacement.
Well said. Good post.

It doesn't make us a bad side because we haven't got Gvardiol (I think it will get done).

Trust in the process. The process hasn't failed us yet.

My guess on this one is the deal was agreed in principle but nothing confirmed. RBL probably thought they could wrap up a transfer before rubber stamping this but are a bit pissed someone has leaked it. Someone at City is probably getting a battering right now.

I wonder if this now rests with the player… if he’s happy to stay Leipzig will push hard we will probably end up walking away. If he demands a move then Leipzig will probably cave in. Liverpool must be smiling - them doing a quick deal for a player with a release clause has damaged our ability to negotiate here - I wonder if that blindsided us. Hopefully we can get him next summer, if not this.

My guess on this one is the deal was agreed in principle but nothing confirmed. RBL probably thought they could wrap up a transfer before rubber stamping this but are a bit pissed someone has leaked it. Someone at City is probably getting a battering right now.

Exactly what has been reported over the past 24hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.