journalist Jonathan Norcroft and Colin Savage talk FFP

I don't do twatter can you link some of these offensive pisstakes for my perusal.
Innocent till proven guilty in my house.

Norcroft is one vile bastard. As a few of us were saying on the De Spiegel thread, he's been pisstaking blues with Harris and fuckin Duncan Castles on their Twitter chat. All he wants is our club punished which he has stated on Twitter.

The guy is an out an out Cvnt.
It's worth a watch tbh, he is a typical press man but you can see underneath he knows ffp is a big pile of bollocks

It's worth a watch tbh, he is a typical press man but you can see underneath he knows ffp is a big pile of bollocks

Tin hat on here but I actually don't think the concept of FFP itself is a particularly bad thing as long it's implemented for the right reasons - ie: to try and prevent clubs from getting into financial difficulties for one - and owners aren't prohibited from investing their own money too much. As it is, the particular part of FFP that applies to City (the bit we're all familiar with) is a bit of a joke but that's only one part of the regs. There are other aspects to FFP that aren't really applicable to us under our current ownership - but may have been a huge issue if Thaksin had continued owning the club - which UEFA have gotten bang on IMO. Namely that clubs should settle their debts to other clubs promptly. UEFA actually take a dimmer view of clubs who fall foul of this than the break-even part of FFP and clubs have been banned from European competition as a result.

The three things Norcroft said where we broke the rules was it the Sancho payment the third party players and the sponsors only one there that we could get done by is the third party players.

Tin hat on here but I actually don't think the concept of FFP itself is a particularly bad thing as long it's implemented for the right reasons - ie: to try and prevent clubs from getting into financial difficulties for one - and owners aren't prohibited from investing their own money too much. As it is, the particular part of FFP that applies to City (the bit we're all familiar with) is a bit of a joke but that's only one part of the regs. There are other aspects to FFP that aren't really applicable to us under our current ownership - but may have been a huge issue if Thaksin had continued owning the club - which UEFA have gotten bang on IMO. Namely that clubs should settle their debts to other clubs promptly. UEFA actually take a dimmer view of clubs who fall foul of this than the break-even part of FFP and clubs have been banned from European competition as a result.

FFP as a concept was bang on imo, wasn't it originally formulated by some Notts county fans? bet they wish it was acted on before the corruption of g14\uefa got their mitts into it and they might not be the shite they are now. The Joke element seems to have been an afterthought when they realised their was a risk to the status quo that the champions league had so firmly established.

It's very sad that PB is prepared to promote this odious hater and even the likes of Castles- actually that's bad enough but he ends up actually attacking the club himself on all fronts. His good mate Conn will be very pleased with the anti Arab jibes in particular. With blue friends like these etc etc

PB had him twisted up in knots at some points. But credit it too Norcroft he seemed to take it on board.

Life isn't perfect and sometimes you just listen

It's very sad that PB is prepared to promote this odious hater and even the likes of Castles- actually that's bad enough but he ends up actually attacking the club himself on all fronts. His good mate Conn will be very pleased with the anti Arab jibes in particular. With blue friends like these etc etc
Slowly slowly catchy monkey. I'm sure you will be brilliant when you defend the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.