Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the signing of Bellingham and a faltering Bayern could make Jurgen the German say
Auf Wiedersehen to the Premier league.

Can see Ake leaving next summer with £40-50m of his fee helping yo fund Bellingham. Akanji has come in and gone straight above him in the pecking order it seems

Can see Ake leaving next summer with £40-50m of his fee helping yo fund Bellingham. Akanji has come in and gone straight above him in the pecking order it seems
He’s made a solid start no doubt but let’s judge him over 15 or 20 games. Mangala had a great debut after all.

Ake has proved himself to be very dependable over a period of time and has been arguably our best centre half for the last few months

Personally don’t buy we’ll pay the fee. With the exception of grealish which was a release clause and gave us power over the transaction, have we ever even hit 70? This club just doesn’t do bidding wars with an unregulated transfer fee. I think we’ll sign Rice personally. Will be in last year of his deal and looks like west hsm about to have a stinking season

While Bellingham certainly fits the profile (young, quality, English, can score), his fee is going to be outrageous, and he’ll be able to name his price on wages. I’m not sure City are going to go 9 figures again so soon.

That said, there are only a handful of clubs that could afford him or that he would want to play for, so the field has already been whittled down to the self-selected few.

With Kev is working his way towards retirement, and with the speed and precision in his game, he may be one bad injury away from significant decline. If not, he may try to stretch his top flight career to USA 2026.

The other two main AMs, Gundo & Bernardo, seem to be short-timers, although I’d love them both to be around for years!m to come!

That said, I expect Gundo to end his career with a longer contract than City would want to offer at his age, possibly in Turkey or even back in Germany. His problem is that once he stops playing with the best players in the world, his age/speed/mobility issues will get exposed.

Sadly, Bernardo seems like a perennial “this is the year he is leaving for Spain” soap opera. I think he either leaves next summer or signs a new contract!

Sometimes, I wonder if players forget they have a luxurious 50-60 year post-game life to do whatever they want, wherever they want, and should spend their precious footballing years wherever they can be most successful.

Bernardo appears to believe the weather (and wife’s lifestyle?!) would be better in Spain. Unfortunately, he’s right on both counts, but he’s been ridiculously successful and adored at City. In footballing terms, I’m not sure if being here can be bettered, tbqh!

Accordingly, we need to look for both strong and creative midfield reinforcements.

Bellingham fills those two boxes to overflowing…but is he worth the money for one man when we need multiple players? Or, do we have enough quality in the post-Academy loanees to concentrate the transfer £ on Bellingham and supplement with home grown talent?

With Walker, Gundo, & Bernardo, we are looking at 3 starters potentially not being here next season. That’s a big hole to fill!

Last edited:
Personally don’t buy we’ll pay the fee. With the exception of grealish which was a release clause and gave us power over the transaction, have we ever even hit 70? This club just doesn’t do bidding wars with an unregulated transfer fee. I think we’ll sign Rice personally. Will be in last year of his deal and looks like west hsm about to have a stinking season
Rice has a contract with West ham till 2024 with club having an option of a year extension, so could be 2 years before he's in the final year of his contract.
Bidding war only happens if Bellingham doesn't have a desire destination.

I’d like us to sign rice, but I can’t see us spending that amount of money when we already have Rodri. Surely he’s Chelsea bound with Kante likely to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.