Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool never spend that kind of money on players. It's not how they do things and I just don't see it. I can only see them doing a deal if a couple of players go the other way to make up the bulk of a transfer, perhaps Naby Keita and someone else.

I think he'll end up at Real Madrid personally. Modric can't go on forever even though he's still great, and Kroos' legs have been gone for a couple of years now. He fits their profile of a "Galatico" down to a tee and they love a good looking, high profile English player. Bellingham, Valverde and Camavinga is some midfield. Not forgetting Tchouameni either.
It’s not how Liverpool do things? They’ve broken multiple transfer records

Liverpool never spend that kind of money on players. It's not how they do things and I just don't see it. I can only see them doing a deal if a couple of players go the other way to make up the bulk of a transfer, perhaps Naby Keita and someone else.

I think he'll end up at Real Madrid personally. Modric can't go on forever even though he's still great, and Kroos' legs have been gone for a couple of years now. He fits their profile of a "Galatico" down to a tee and they love a good looking, high profile English player. Bellingham, Valverde and Camavinga is some midfield. Not forgetting Tchouameni either.
Liverpool have never had a Saudi-Qatari joint takeover though, which is sounding as though it’s in the pipeline. Just because FSG didn’t break the £100m barrier, it doesn’t mean new owners won’t.

150 million euros according to Bergers last podcast appearance a month ago is what Dortmund want a bundesliga record. No way Liverpool pay that.

It’s not how Liverpool do things? They’ve broken multiple transfer records

Paying 75 million for Van Dijk is quite different than the fee Bellingham will probably command. And when they have made a big money signing it's usually been on the back of them getting big money from a sale.

Liverpool have never had a Saudi-Qatari joint takeover though, which is sounding as though it’s in the pipeline. Just because FSG didn’t break the £100m barrier, it doesn’t mean new owners won’t.

Could well happen. But right now it's all if, buts and maybes.

Madrid are a strange one. They’re clearly interested in the player, and will be one of the few clubs able to get to the kind of numbers it’ll take to sign him - but I just don’t see how they need to commit the money we’re talking here on that position at the moment.

I know Modric and Kroos are on the way out, but the last two summers they’ve spent big on Camavinga and Tchouameni, and they’ve already got Valverde - that’s a pretty exceptional midfield three already, and all with youth on their side.

I can see that Bellingham would give them fourth to enable them to rotate - but is he going to go for that when there are other clubs in the mix that can pretty much guarantee him a starting spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.