Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of agree

He looks very good for his age BUT i dont think he is as good as some people make out he is at the moment....he has HUGE potential however..

I think there is a lot of work to do with him...he is raw....I dont think he has the technical ability of players like David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Gundo, Yaya or any of them really - but he may in the future...he may not get to that point though

What he does have that very few/ any of those didnt have however is a box to box ability.....He also has a bit of an eye for goal (though so did a lot of those mentioned above)

I think we may see a slight change in the way we play...i think we are already trying to be a bit more direct.....we seem to sometimes try and mix up the short, technical interchanges between players for much more direct running with the ball (Grealish, KDB being the main two protagonists of this) and quick forward balls (KDB again being the main man behind this) - i think this is where Bellingham may fit in.

For me who we bring in alongside him is probably as vital.....a lot of the other names mentioned excite me probably more than Bellingham

Personally, I think he’s already one of the top 10-15 midfielders in world football. It just happens that 4 of our midfielders are in that category too. But I can’t think of many midfielders in world football who can effortlessly switch their style of play week in week out, and excel in every role like him. Bernardo possibly could though.

He could play in this City squad right now though, no problem, he’d get game time. I don’t think you would see much of a difference if he replaced Bernardo, Gundo, Rodri or KDB, for a game here or there and did their role. He has the highest average rating in the Bundesliga this season, 14th in Europe and 10th in Europe for MOTMs.

The big things for me though, that would match us well, is he is excellent at the short passing game. He seems to constantly be moving into space and wanting the ball, which is the exact thing required when playing Tiki Taka football (I know Pep says that we don’t play that, but our philosophy comes from that concept). He’s currently number 1 in the Bundesliga in passing index. He’s also very impressive when teams play the low block against Dortmund, he’s in the top 5 players for big chances created and in the top 10 for passes in the final third. Add that to his defensive abilities, he’s second for tackling.

His development has been so rapid, which suggests he’s a fast learner. You look at where he’s at in his ability, at 19, as a midfielder, it’s a very rare thing. Let Pep get hold of him and we could be talking about a different level of player in 2 seasons. But right now, I think he’d still have a place in our team, maybe not the very best 11, but he’d certainly be in there with the 12-15 players with the most minutes. For me, he’s a must.

Last edited:
Not sure about the source. If there's any truth to this is looking like it's all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.