Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if they (Red shite) know that he's chosen you and are trying to save face by saying they want a rebuild with 2/3 top players, rather than spend most of the budget on one?

Seems strange that he's been number 1 priority all season, yet they have only just realised how much it would cost. Bollocks me thinks, it will be spun as Bellingham wanted them but due to Keita, AOC, Firmino leaving they needed to bolster the squad instead. So you, or whoever he chooses were second choice.
They are obviously trying to save face. They briefed all their journalists that they were bidding then suddenly decided he was too expensive. The narrative would be we didn’t have money to compete, he would have chosen us if we had money.

At the end of the day, I personally would have done the same thing Liverpool did. The prices are bonkers and there is a zero percent chance I spend that much on Bellingham. Only Mbappe could make me spend that amount of money.

When Bellingham watches that game and sees that Gundo is getting a pay day to go to Barca on a free, thus opening a perfect spot for him in this team, he must salivate!

From there, it’s a matter of whether Bernie us staying (oh please, oh please, oh please) or whether we cash in on him to buy a young KDB development replacement.

If Gundo goes and Jude comes, that’s great. But, we still need another 20-23 yr old midfielder who can be built into a future City midfielder. Whether that’s someone we have already, someone we have sold and buy back, or someone we have identified overseas, we need to keep the conveyor belt running, so we don’t see any drop in squad strength.

THE FUTURE IS BLUE, and I hope Jude already realizes it!

“Liverpool have decided not to pursue a deal for Jude” report the guardian

And I’ve decided not to pursue a dinner date with Beyoncé
Go for it. I'd like to publicly state I'm no longer interested in shagging Beyonce because I need a summer rebuild so need to have group sex with several supermodels at once. Sorry Beyonce, your loss.

Liverpool end pursuit of Bellingham, the same time I anounce my retirement from international football.

Despite the fact I'm now entering my mid 30's, have multiple acl injuries that have all but crippled me and I'm shit at football, me getting an england call up seems like the more likely of the two and therefore the biggest shock.

They got shunned, Bellingham doesn't want to play kick and rush and cover taa for a europa conference league team.

I really really don't want him. £130M I'm sorry you can have all the potential in the world but for that price you need to hit the ground running instantly and become a star player for our team. The prices these days are honestly ridiculous. £130M for Bellingham.. wtf. We can be smarter than that and buy 2-3 players for that price.

But if pep is truly sold on Bellingham and really want him then there's nothing you can do but put your hands up support the decision.

I really really don't want him. £130M I'm sorry you can have all the potential in the world but for that price you need to hit the ground running instantly and become a star player for our team. The prices these days are honestly ridiculous. £130M for Bellingham.. wtf. We can be smarter than that and buy 2-3 players for that price.

But if pep is truly sold on Bellingham and really want him then there's nothing you can do but put your hands up support the decision.
Pep / city have never said we're after him?

Go for it. I'd like to publicly state I'm no longer interested in shagging Beyonce because I need a summer rebuild so need to have group sex with several supermodels at once. Sorry Beyonce, your loss.
Several supermodels you say, surely the analogy is a ‘couple of big uglies behind the bike shed’

We may or may not pay 130m for a player but it does not mean that they have to be an immediate world star. The guy is 19, and no player of that age is everything they are ever going to be, no matter how expensive they are.

We run a rounded business model. The individual fees paid for players are inconsequential because the whole model is a success. Does the 100m for Grealish matter if we are still a successful, profitable club? Are we not allowed to pay such a fee if we also happen to buy a World Cup winner for 15m and the biggest star in the world game for 55m?

Just as an example, we bought Torres, Bernardo and Gundo for the same fee as Pogba. We may equally buy Alvarez, Haaland and Bellingham for the same price as Nunez, Gakpo and Keita.

I don't know if we will buy Bellingham, but I know that if we do he will get my immediate support, and I will not be thinking about the fee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.