Gvardiol
Ake
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bellingham
Grealish
Foden
Haaland

Look what we could have even with just two signings!?! Obviously Gundogan and Bernardo leaving we would need another midfielder but that’s where Veiga or say Kovakic would also come in?
I'm not sure that we need Gvardiol especially with the form of Ake. I'd take an overlapping leftback instead, who can put crosses in.
We don't have that player at the moment and he would be perfect in that team.

I'm still in the "do whatever we can to keep Bernie" corner too.

I'm not sure that we need Gvardiol especially with the form of Ake. I'd take an overlapping leftback instead, who can put crosses in.

I don’t think Pep fancies that anymore mate, the system of the last 10-12 games will be the system going toward imo

I don’t think Pep fancies that anymore mate, the system of the last 10-12 games will be the system going toward imo
I'm not sure, i think Pep would luv the option.

He said a few weeks ago that we play this system because we don't have a player who can go up and down that flank and that it would be looked at in the summer.
Whether that means a LB/LWB or a winger who knows.

Want Bellingham at City, unbelievable prospect but also for the fact I think this transfer would end many in the British media, bring it on.
I don't think we can afford not to buy him.

With Haaland, Bellingham, Foden and Alvarez, we'd have four of the best young players in the world...for years!

The full bullsh*t from Northcroft if anyone can be arsed reading it?

However, Bellingham’s rapid development during a campaign in which he has become the Dortmund captain and starred at a World Cup — at a tender 19 — has redrawn his value and two clubs of a higher spending power, Manchester City and Real Madrid, are now strongly in the fray.

With Manchester United interested and Paris Saint-Germain (despite reports) also considered to be keen, Dortmund can anticipate an auction. Bellingham has no buyout clause and his price is expected to be north of £130 million once fees are factored in. However, his destination will be Bellingham’s choice, not his club’s. It is understood that he would rather stay at Dortmund and reassess in 2024 than be pushed towards a move that’s not absolutely right for him.

In further contrast to perceptions, there was never any indication that he preferred Liverpool. His father, Mark, is a Liverpool fan, but the player and his family have plotted his career to date flawlessly by taking all factors other than what is best for his development out of the equation. So, with no special levers to make the deal happen, Liverpool pulled out to avoid the risk of allocating a huge chunk of their budget and summer to a bidding war they were not favourites to win.

Last edited:

Genuinely think Pep has got to the stage where he has given up on fullbacks, and I cant blame him, there is a distinct lack of quality fullbacks available.
So the idea of a Stones, Dias, Gvardiol and Ake back four makes sense, with Stones drifting into midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.