Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this level the medical assessments before a transfer should detect any issues and risks. The club will be given advice and then its down to the club to decide. When Fowler went to Leeds they were advised not to go ahead by medical team it was high risk and they still went ahead , same when he came to City with Keegan threatening to resign - don't think we would make a decision like that again without a significant adjustment to the fee.

The Gundogan fee I think would have reflected any risks assessed as part of the medical. If Bellingham has a knee issue that carries a risk going forward then the fee I would expect would start to be weighted towards performance and number of games.

What is difficult to figure out is if an injury or risk of an injury effects the players mind and attitude.

Have reconciled to Bellingham landing in Madrid but if he does land here then a pleasant surprise and Trust the medical team have done a proper set of tests and the outcome is reflected in the structure of any deal.
Cugat for the win

Gundogan had serious injuries before we bought him. Been pretty bulletproof since then though.
That's been great for both Gundo and City but it's not any way to determine if you should spend 130+ mil on a young player with question marks regarding his health, particularly a knee. There are exceptions to every rule but to assume anything about Bellingham because Gundogan turned out just fine is folly. Hopefully things turn out OK for Bellingham. Also bear in mind that Gundo came on a huge discount so was somewhat worth the risk. Bellingham is at top, top, top dollar. I can't see it.

Genuinely don't want him - knee injury and the amount we would have to invest - no thanks
I don't think you'll need to worry about that...with all the talk about what's he decided people have missed out on the idea that maybe City have arrived at their own decision not to pursue this player.

I don't think you'll need to worry about that...with all the talk about what's he decided people have missed out on the idea that maybe City have arrived at their own decision not to pursue this player.

City still pursued Haaland despite him have offer from other club on his table back then, Haaland choose us in the end anyway.

Knee injuries are an absolute bastard for footballers, arguably the most important to get right and recover right. I’m still getting over R9’s injuries, he could’ve been the best ever but just lost all his explosiveness after knee surgery.

For Bellingham, being thrust into a new team (probably sooner than he should because of the fee) wouldn’t be the best move.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks it out at Dortmund for a year and then the dippers come back next Summer. He’ll have 1 less year on his contract and they’ll have rebuilt this Summer and have chance to appease their fan base. Not to mention his dad in his ear for another 12 months…
id say second to achilles. that is sth u almost cant recover fully from

Saturday - "Bellingham sitting on the bench with a knock while his side loses a title is proof he doesn't have the mentality, glad we're not buying him"

Tuesday- "Surgery? Proof he's a crock, glad we're not buying him"

Saturday - "Bellingham sitting on the bench with a knock while his side loses a title is proof he doesn't have the mentality, glad we're not buying him"

Tuesday- "Surgery? Proof he's a crock, glad we're not buying him"

I don’t know a city fan who wouldn’t want him so the ones posted on here that crap for me majority of them are no city fans..

We buy Grealish 100m, really shows alot City didn't give a shit about price tag as long they fit for team no matter what fans think about it.
Grealish did not have any known injuries, not to mention he wanted to be at City above all else. At this point in time Bellingham's health is in doubt and no one knows his feelings about coming to City. Two entirely different scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.