judy garland's ding dong the witch is dead, no 2 in charts

Re: judy garland's ding dong the witch is dead, no 27 in charts

She didnt create a society but observed there was no such thing and my individual self finds it funny

Edit: was beaten to it

Even Leslie thinks it's funny

[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_jZMHucLofeU71t3K_0B0LR5tbPaWMsBt2aCiIrIEop-KGsa_[/bigimg]

BimboBob said:
Rascal said:
BimboBob said:
I am disgusted if this is the case. An old lady dies, with Grandchildren, and a lot of sick people 'celebrate' by buying this record.

This is the sort of society that we now live in is it?

Bloody disgraceful.

And no Stony, it is not "funny as fuck".

Its the society she created

24 years ago? A society that 'she' created? Nothing has happened in the mean time? No one has influenced this country since? Not Blair? Not Brown? Not Major? None of them?

The society we now live in was not 'created' by one person but by a multitude of people from politicians to the media with normal people in the middle. We are all responsible.

The trouble is, it's far easier to blame someone else, rather than take some of the blame yourself.

I didnt "blame" her for it.

It was her governments choice to do what they did as its all elected governments to do what they are elected for.

But without doubt she laid the ground for whats happening today. Britain never knew Neo-Liberalism until she arrived and as a country we are now suffering the consequences of her misguided vision

Rascal said:
BimboBob said:
Rascal said:
Its the society she created

24 years ago? A society that 'she' created? Nothing has happened in the mean time? No one has influenced this country since? Not Blair? Not Brown? Not Major? None of them?

The society we now live in was not 'created' by one person but by a multitude of people from politicians to the media with normal people in the middle. We are all responsible.

The trouble is, it's far easier to blame someone else, rather than take some of the blame yourself.

It was her governments choice to do what they did as its all elected governments to do what they are elected for.

But without doubt she laid the ground for whats happening today. Britain never knew Neo-Liberalism until she arrived and as a country we are now suffering the consequences of her misguided vision

You said 'it's society she created' and then say you 'didn't blame her for it'.

Make your mind up mate.

BimboBob said:
Rascal said:
BimboBob said:

Make your mind up mate.

I dont think she realised the society she would make. Thatcher was no great visionary she was rated as a second class student at Uni. She was however driven and probably the most driven MP since Atlee we have had. Atlee mind was an intellectual giant in comparison. Thatcher introduced the shop keeping dogma that dominates politics today and her legacy is she has squashed any radical thinking and allowed the right to ride roughshod over what is left of the society she denied existed

The perfect storm

Rascal said:
BimboBob said:
Rascal said:

Make your mind up mate.

I dont think she realised the society she would make. Thatcher was no great visionary she was rated as a second class student at Uni. She was however driven and probably the most driven MP since Atlee we have had. Atlee mind was an intellectual giant in comparison. Thatcher introduced the shop keeping dogma that dominates politics today and her legacy is she has squashed any radical thinking and allowed the right to ride roughshod over what is left of the society she denied existed

The perfect storm

Fair do's. I respect your opinions, you know that. I might not agree but I respect them.

I still maintain that buying a record to celebrate someones death is wrong.

BimboBob said:
Rascal said:
BimboBob said:

Make your mind up mate.

The perfect storm

Fair do's. I respect your opinions, you know that. I might not agree but I respect them.

I still maintain that buying a record to celebrate someones death is wrong.

with 2 exceptions
one down, one to go...

How can the choice of record you buy when a former political leader dies be an issue? - or do we live in North Korea?
IMHO this is the perfect way to signal your feelings about the sad passing of baroness T without having a street party or something which may offend others. Fucking Ding dong indeed.

Just shows how divisive this lady was.

I have lived for more than 60 years, but I can't remember anything remotely like this happening after the death of any other political leader, of any colour of politics. Not in the UK anyway. Maybe in former dictatorships.

You could never ever accuse me of being a Thatcherite. But to see people dancing in the street drinking champagne over her death disgusts me.

Ironically it also shames the very country these "people" hated her for "destroying".

Scum. One and all. Scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.