Jules Koundé

Seriously 1.78m is fucking ridiculous. He’d lose an aerial duel against all tall defenders in the league who have a decent jump. Sure his sprint can help him a bit, but these tall CBs can jump as well. I just can’t see this being successful, there’s no way.
Oh ffs.

Who clicks into this thread, and genuinely thinks they’ve thought of and then discovered something new that the other thousand contributors hadn’t come up with in a week?

Yes, we know he’s not tall but when you look at the stats, his performance in arial duels is better than most and better than all our CBs and is comparable to VVD.

Heading a ball is about more than just being tall. It’s about leg power, jumping height, positioning and timing as well as being a hard **** that doesn’t mind getting your nose smashed in.

Also worth mentioning that we tend to concede goals from playing a high line and balls being played in behind our defenders rather than headed goals. We aren’t often under the kosh.

So please, I plead, can we please stop talking about how fucking tall this **** is.

Seriously 1.78m is fucking ridiculous. He’d lose an aerial duel against all tall defenders in the league who have a decent jump. Sure his sprint can help him a bit, but these tall CBs can jump as well. I just can’t see this being successful, there’s no way.

A lot of the silly goals we conceded last season was due to clumsy positioning not aerial threats, I would be more concerned with eliminating the silly goals conceded from poor positioning, lack of pace, poorly timed tackles than from aerial threats, oh and by the way Kounde's aerial performance is better than Koulibaly, going by the stats so at least that's something to brighten up your day :)

Although now that I think about it, we could always bring Mangala back home, after all he is very tall, right?

Koude should be playing on Thursday in the super cup against Bayern. It will be interesting to see how he performs?

Oh ffs.

Who clicks into this thread, and genuinely thinks they’ve thought of and then discovered something new that the other thousand contributors hadn’t come up with in a week?

Yes, we know he’s not tall but when you look at the stats, his performance in arial duels is better than most and better than all our CBs and is comparable to VVD.

Heading a ball is about more than just being tall. It’s about leg power, jumping height, positioning and timing as well as being a hard **** that doesn’t mind getting your nose smashed in.

Also worth mentioning that we tend to concede goals from playing a high line and balls being played in behind our defenders rather than headed goals. We aren’t often under the kosh.

So please, I plead, can we please stop talking about how fucking tall this **** is.

I'm getting more and more convinced skyblues is just a wum.

He's been talking about his height since last Thursday and been slapped down several times, but then brings it up like it's a new discovery to him a few days later to reel a few more people in.

I don't buy the short argument either.
The biggest issue we have is the bad positioning and 1-1 defense ability that we need. If you look at best team in the world in Bayern they get countered constantly but what saves them is their defenders are intelligent (knowing when to stay in line and when to break the line and back off alone from the line sensing danger), have speed and can hold their own 1-1.
As for aeriel duels you don't have to win them always, you just have to make sure the opponent doesn't get a clear connection so we can pick up the second balls.

Oh ffs.

What’s 1.78 in feet and inches. ;-). We need to know ffs.

A lot of the silly goals we conceded last season was due to clumsy positioning not aerial threats
Mendy against Wolves, Zinchenko passing the ball across the pitch against Southampton and goal floated into the net from the half way line, Cock up in midfield allowing Pulicic to run at Ederson from half way line, Disasters against Lyon, Ederson throwing ball out to Mc Tominay and letting a poor shot from Lingard in, Allowing Aubameyang to waltz in for FA cup match. I could go on but all these goal were in matches we lost and were attributable to poor decision making and brain farts more than anything else.

Oh ffs.

Yes I agree .. we're sick an tired of hearing about his height , that's the long and short of it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.