Jules Koundé

Make check the statistics on him in this topic before making such assumptions. I don’t recall Cannavaro being 17 feet tall, and he was rather successful at his trade.

I’ve seen the statistics but still, against any big and physical team (Liverpool is one), how is he supposed to stop a strong Fabinho, VVD or Gomez? It’s not happening.

Has he shrunk since you said you wanted him then.

He’s the best 2nd choice we have but I’m still very reluctant since he has to be on the shorter spectrum of all central defenders in Europe. We can’t just refer to Puyol as our comfort. He was exceptional.

I don’t see his lack of height being an issue. We need a mobile back four to thwart the counter.

Slabhead must be about 6ft 5 but he would have been a nightmare in our set-up.

I’ve seen the statistics but still, against any big and physical team (Liverpool is one), how is he supposed to stop a strong Fabinho, VVD or Gomez? It’s not happening.

He’s the best 2nd choice we have but I’m still very reluctant since he has to be on the shorter spectrum of all central defenders in Europe. We can’t just refer to Puyol as our comfort. He was exceptional.
Yes, it is. Because players read the game. Some better than others. Kolo Toure and Cannavaro did just fine. If you watched him you’d see how good he is, instead of panicking about height. It’s like moaning he’s right footed without any context.

Yeah fuck right. If only you’re allowed to jump in football!

There are so many other variables in winning aerial duels : timing, positioning, jumping ability, aggresiveness, etc. If players can only head the ball from a standing stance then yeah people should be concerned. As it stands statistically Kounde wins more aerial battle than VVD.
I remember Tyron Mings getting beaten in the air consistently last year against us. Heading is an art it’s not just about being a lanky sod. Tim Cahill and Cannavaro are both proof positives of that.

Folk saying he couldn’t defend big lads from corners? Look how many of our smaller players already do just that. Also it ain’t hard to go big for big at set pieces if you need to.

He wasnt the only exception theres been a fair few. Besides only need to watch him to know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.