Jules Koundé

Sort of like comparing apples and toaster ovens.
VVD was bought by Southampton for 13mil then.

My point being that you CAN buy someone of Vincent Kompany's standard at reasonable prices. Just like we did with Kompany many years ago.

Similarly in this case, if we moved for Kounde a year ago, him being an actual direct replacement for Kompany, we could have got him for 25 million euros, which is what Sevilla paid for him.

Noticed i had written «aside» instead of «beside». What i meant was that when you watch the video he obviously has great pace and jumping, but what really impressed me was his intelligence & calmness in 1v1s.

i have watched him play actually, in the Europa league final, and thought he did well in that game.
I think the 1v1 aspect is key for us. Before the Wolves game Sky showed 3 of the goals we let in last year against them and for all the goals Otamendi got rinsed 1 on 1 by falling on his arse. It wasn’t just him last season as it happened frequently, but that illustrates how exposed our defenders are, particularly in transition.

Although there’s always a risk with any transfer, what I also think bodes well is that he’s played in France at a very good level. Their football is more physical and direct than in Spain and this together gives him a good shot at adapting quickly to the Premier League.

He clearly excelled there also as he wasn’t bought for beer money by Sevilla, as they spent €25m on him with a 20% sell on. That’s the top end of what they spend on players and it suggests he’s seen as a top talent. Hopefully he’s the right guy.

VVD was bought by Southampton for 13mil then.

My point being that you CAN buy someone of Vincent Kompany's standard at reasonable prices. Just like we did with Kompany many years ago.

Similarly in this case, if we moved for Kounde a year ago, him being an actual direct replacement for Kompany, we could have got him for 25 million euros, which is what Sevilla paid for him.

This whole "why are we paying this much when we could have had him for less if we bought in a while ago" argument is fucking stupid and I'm seeing it quite often on here.

We've previously spent a lot of money on CDs from foreign leagues on duffers who haven't made the cut. What I'm saying is no guarantee a player playing in his respective league or in European competition will be a success in THE most demanding league of 38 games and at least 2 cup games.

The old Bluemoon cliche - 'can he cut it at Stoke away on a wet Wednesday night' springs to mind. And it's said for good reason.

Should have gone to Sifters.

Of the 34 games he started in La Liga & Europa League last season 18 were clean sheets. That includes games vs Wolves & Roma against the likes of Dzeko, Jimenez, Traore. His tackling+passing+aerial duel succsess rate is at the lvl of Laporte. What is Interesting is that on thursday he will play against Lewandowski, Gnabry & Sané, so we will see if he is the real deal then.

Not sure we could guarantee an impressive performance from Laporte or a 25 year old Vincent Kompany in that game tbf.

Will depend on how the team plays & whether there is chaos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.