Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well offer us another million and keep him for the whole season! At this rate he’ll end up playing out his career with River.
But by the sound of it, it sounds like he will be there their entire season. River seems like it will go far into Libertadores. He’s staying there until the World Cup. That’s why I said: he will be an afterthought in planning next season’s squad.

But by the sound of it, it sounds like he will be there their entire season. River seems like it will go far into Libertadores. He’s staying there until the World Cup. That’s why I said: he will be an afterthought in planning next season’s squad.
Maybe it’ll depend on our other interests, too. If they fail to materialize, then perhaps we’ll require his services earlier.

Maybe it’ll depend on our other interests, too. If they fail to materialize, then perhaps we’ll require his services earlier.
Not if there is a clause saying they can have him for the remainder of the competition if they pay a fee

At the time we manage to finally unload Patrick Roberts, we immediately find the replacement to fulfill his man on permanent loan portfolio.

Simply ridiculous imo:

If we are buying him out of the last 11 months of his contract only to loan him out to the same club for the remainder of said contract, you would have to ask the question, what are we paying for?

Could make sense if we were a club like Brighton or Villa, trying to get in before the big clubs notice, but we are Man City ffs. We should not be afraid of some possible competition in 5 months when we can sign him on a pre contract, he is a player we apparently dont even think is good enough to be a first team player here anyway at the age of 22. Sure, we would probably make some money on him anyway, but that doesnt mean we should basically give away money.

We should not believe everything we can read on twitter and it will all become clear soon, only speculation so far. For all we know, City may not loan him out at all (or even sign him).
But if we sign a 22 year old, only to loan him out the first year, it would surprise me if he ever plays a minute in our shirt. More likely we hope has a decent WC with Argentina so we can sell him for double the amount we paid.
Did not think it at first, but if the noice we are hearing is correct (big if), this sounds like a CFG, not Man City, signing to me. Could obviously end up playing for us anyway (like Zinch), but wouldn't count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.