Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further evaluation to see if he's actually ready to play for us?
River Plate is a good team but there's a huge difference when playing for the best team in the world and in the most competitive league.
Personally I think we would get the best info regarding how ready he is to play with us, by actually having him here playing for us, not somewhere else. I can understand why we are uncertain whether or not he actually is good enough to play for us today, but if that's the case it just seems strange to pay 20m for him now, instead of just trying to sign him for free on a pre contract in 5 months. I mean, he is 22 in a week, not 18. Would have made a little more sense if we would have loaned him out to a La Liga club or something. Just my opinion:)

Apparently he have South American Best Player award last year at age 21, he is serious level of talent not some rando unknown kid.

Personally I think we would get the best info regarding how ready he is to play with us, by actually having him here playing for us, not somewhere else. I can understand why we are uncertain whether or not he actually is good enough to play for us today, but if that's the case it just seems strange to pay 20m for him now, instead of just trying to sign him for free on a pre contract in 5 months. I mean, he is 22 in a week, not 18. Would have made a little more sense if we would have loaned him out to a La Liga club or something. Just my opinion:)
not sure if the argentine league season is finished until the summer !

Romano reporting that the fee is £13M + bonuses. He is usually full of BS but that makes a lot more sense if the plan is to loan him back until the summer.

Apparently he is not seen as an instant impact for the team. And he might extend till December if there is no space. He turns 22 this month so he is not that young, I hope he makes it here though

Might be a terrible shout, but from the few YouTube highlights of this lad, I get slight Suarez vibes. He looks so lively in the box and looks like a good dribbler too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.