Julian Weigl

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Bombo, 13 Jan 2016.

1. Dax777

Dax777

That means we are getting him. Strangely, I'm not as excited.

2. Delphinho

Delphinho

I have no idea if he has been following us for a long time, but it`s a little strange that he only follows Dortmund and City.

3. Otamendi's Beard

Otamendi's Beard

One of those baseless sayings that seems to stand the test of time.

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

It's not baseless mate, interceptions are better than tackles and a holding midfielders main job is to slow players down until the support can get back. Blocking passing lanes gives you both, it's why positioning is more important than your ability to slide on your arse.

5. Delphinho

Delphinho

Surprised we haven`t been linked with Diawara yet. Would fit very well into this team. I saw someone saying that he`s a mix of Weigl and Wanyama, and that`s pretty accurate

6. MrDaveyHavoc

MrDaveyHavoc

Kompany himself has said this on several occasions. If you position right you needn't run to recover nor jump to win headers.

7. cityzennn93:20

cityzennn93:20

Would rather him over Fred. Taller better passer although not as athletic.

8. nmc

nmc

Despite Fred looking done can still see us going for Wiegl. Pep loves a midfielder and we could set up with 2 of Fern, Fred and Wiegl.

9. Summerbee88

Summerbee88

Let him grow as a player and have him on rotation with Fred, in 2020, when Fernandinho (35) leaves the club.

10. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

IMO the main difference between Busi and Weigl is that the former had the luxury of being coached by Pep for 5 consecutive seasons. Very similar players. Weigl would be much more effective in big games that the likes of Dinho, passing under heavy pressure is his best trait (remember watching him for the 1st time vs Pep's Bayern, his calmness was shocking for a 18-yr old. Pep looked shocked on the presser as well: "our scouts didn't tell me about this player!").
    The only problem that I see with Weigl is his price and the headache of dealing with Watzke.

On the other hand, I have a soft spot for all-arounders like Rijkaard and hope Guardiola will discover someone of that ilk.