Julian Weigl

If Kompany stays one more season but is still plagued by injuries then Fernandinho may be needed as cover at centre half, and get plenty of games there. Likewise Delph may cover Left back more. Getting Fred plus one more makes sense.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are targeting both Fred and Weigl.

Fred for DM/CM and Weigl for DM. Fernandinho has been amazing this season but he is approaching an age where his form can just fall off a cliff. Yaya was scoring and winning games for us last winter and this winter he can’t even make a substitute appearance.

Don’t think that will happen with Fern but there is a possibility his form can drop off next season hence us possibly targeting both Fred and Weigl.
Can't see it, assuming Fred replaces Yaya in the squad who does Weigl replace, a Weigl that would expect to be a regular starter as would Fred. I think Fernandinho would be replaced in the squad along with Kompany by somebody like De Jong arriving in 2019, that can cover centre back and Fred in centre mid as Fernandinho takes a back seat in his last season.Plus we have the young lad from PSG supposedly arriving this summer that is a prospect for that c.m position.

Can't see it, assuming Fred replaces Yaya in the squad who does Weigl replace, a Weigl that would expect to be a regular starter as would Fred. I think Fernandinho would be replaced in the squad along with Kompany by somebody like De Jong arriving in 2019, that can cover centre back and Fred in centre mid as Fernandinho takes a back seat in his last season.Plus we have the young lad from PSG supposedly arriving this summer that is a prospect for that c.m position.

Everyone says we are one dinho injury away from being in trouble, so why should he replace anyone? He would be an addition to strengthen, to cover us for rotation.

Everyone says we are one dinho injury away from being in trouble, so why should he replace anyone? He would be an addition to strengthen, to cover us for rotation.
Thats what Fred is for, and he'd have to replace somebody to keep to 17 non homegrown. Plus there is no way Weigl goes anywhere to cover for rotation. Fred or Weigl and reports seem to suggest Fred is done.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are targeting both Fred and Weigl.

Fred for DM/CM and Weigl for DM. Fernandinho has been amazing this season but he is approaching an age where his form can just fall off a cliff. Yaya was scoring and winning games for us last winter and this winter he can’t even make a substitute appearance.

Don’t think that will happen with Fern but there is a possibility his form can drop off next season hence us possibly targeting both Fred and Weigl.
That's why I'm hoping we get Fred and FDJ. For the Yaya/Dihno replacement.

That's why I'm hoping we get Fred and FDJ. For the Yaya/Dihno replacement.

Think FDJ would be more likely 2019 when Fernandinho goes into hos last year and Kompany probably leaves . Whether that means buying now and leaving him at Ajax for a year or waiting until next summer.

Think FDJ would be more likely 2019 when Fernandinho goes into hos last year and Kompany probably leaves . Whether that means buying now and leaving him at Ajax for a year or waiting until next summer.
I'm hoping buying now and leaving him for a year. Or just bring him in to compete. I think he might just outrigut beat out Dihno and Fred.

I'm hoping buying now and leaving him for a year. Or just bring him in to compete. I think he might just outrigut beat out Dihno and Fred.
Havent seen much of him but from what I hear maybe he could, but he would need to be in the 17 to do that and I don't think we have room for all 3 , more likely Kompany does one more year and he takes Kompanys place 19/20. Thats assuming we are in for him.

He certainly has the height we need to deal with the shelling we're currently getting in league games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.