Jurgen Klopp to become Head of Soccer at Red Bull

They didn't produce the full quote. It's a nothing burger, and most of it was talking about singing songs.

Q. Liverpool is a very special club and you're a very emotional person. Do you still feel something when you hear 'You'll Never Walk Alone' or is it now just like another day at the office?

A. Maybe I'm the luckiest manager in world football because I had three teams [who sing it]. I'm a football romantic and I like tradition in football and all that stuff. In Germany, only two clubs sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' before the game and that is Mainz and Dortmund. That's not because of me, as that had started already before I was there. Now I've come to the original place, if you want, and it never stops feeling really special. It never stops creating goosebumps. That's how it is. It's fantastic and that's what I love most in football. The world around is serious enough. I like that we all give ourselves the opportunity and the possibility to enjoy something like this and to come here, even when we know it's not the most important thing in the world. We all want to win with all we have and if we win then we celebrate together and if we lose then we suffer together. In life you suffer problems alone, but here you know you can enjoy and suffer along with a lot of people and with 30 million other fans around the world. It is a strong feeling of a great community, one which doesn't solve all problems, but which helps.

End quote.

And clubs in Germany are effectively multi-clubs in one because the youth team/reserves play in lower divisions. Dortmund is one of those clubs.
What a load of old shite that last paragraph is. They have a reserve team so they’re multi-club?

What a load of old shite that last paragraph is. They have a reserve team so they’re multi-club?

Effectively yes. They play in the same football pyramid. Borussia Dortmund play in Bundesliga.3.

So they take up a place that would otherwise occupied by another independent club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.