Just been sacked

Sounds like he has broken employment laws to me. As an employer myself you just cant sack anyone these days, even for gross misconduct. There are procedures you have to abide to or your likely to be up for unfair dismissal.

Do you have a contract? Is there a section for whats appropiate for work atire? Did he just sack you without going through the normal procedures. To sack someone outright is gross misconduct ie theft, violance. Little mistemeaners are dealt with with verbal warnings, written warnings. Ie you can have a 1st written warning for say being late, but u cant have a 2nd written warning if then say u made an error in your work. Each offense has to be 1st 2nd and final warnings, in writing, with right of appeal.

If he did sack you then take him to a tribunal, its no lose for you as many solicitors will do it free your end and get the fee from his end if found guilty.

I would seek advise

hertsblue said:
Sounds like he has broken employment laws to me. As an employer myself you just cant sack anyone these days, even for gross misconduct. There are procedures you have to abide to or your likely to be up for unfair dismissal.

Do you have a contract? Is there a section for whats appropiate for work atire? Did he just sack you without going through the normal procedures. To sack someone outright is gross misconduct ie theft, violance. Little mistemeaners are dealt with with verbal warnings, written warnings. Ie you can have a 1st written warning for say being late, but u cant have a 2nd written warning if then say u made an error in your work. Each offense has to be 1st 2nd and final warnings, in writing, with right of appeal.

If he did sack you then take him to a tribunal, its no lose for you as many solicitors will do it free your end and get the fee from his end if found guilty.

I would seek advise
Not so sure about being given a 1st written warning for every different rule you break to be honest. Where I work it's the standard verbal warning, then the written warning and then ''goodbye''. If the OP was sacked for just what he said happened, that is extraordinarily harsh. Unfortunately, we don't know the full story (ie, whether he'd had previous warnings or not).

jimharri said:
hertsblue said:

I would seek advise
Not so sure about being given a 1st written warning for every different rule you break to be honest. Where I work it's the standard verbal warning, then the written warning and then ''goodbye''. If the OP was sacked for just what he said happened, that is extraordinarily harsh. Unfortunately, we don't know the full story (ie, whether he'd had previous warnings or not).

There are certainly proceedures in place which go across the board. Sadly though, it only seems to be larger companies where these proceedures are effectively implemented. When its one bloke with his own small firm, which authority is gonna tell him otherwise?

Chin up mate, every knock down presents an opportunity to come back better

Mikem93 said:
Just been sacked for 'having opinions', I could understand this if my opinion was that the company is shit and the guys a royal **** and I was open about it, but it wasn't. My opinion was that there was no need for me to wear a waterproof coat on a hot, sunny Saturday morning.

This was an incident last week where he was telling me I should be wearing a waterproof coat in order to set an example for the kids in the session, now if it was raining, windy, snowing or cold in any way I would wear it but it was a hot sunny day and I told him that I didnt wear it for that reason and if there were any weather conditions where a coat would be necessary I would wear it.

Am I wrong in thinking that that wouldnt normally be a sackable offence as the conversation I had with him was in private after all session had ended and we were packing equipment away ?

Sue him, Article 10 of the Human Rights Bill.

you said the session had ended. did your shift then end? if you finish the session at dead on 5 and it was 5.06 you had this discussion, it is out of working hours. if the coat is uniform it is your work attire, but weather permitting, it was not suitable for that day, so you had every right to take it off. no one can force you to keep an item of clothing on (unless it's the police and your planning to run round a playground in your birthday suit).

i'd ring him, ask him to explain why he sacked you, why does he think he is right in sacking you and if he acts a dick. tell him you are going to take him to an employment tribunal. all you need is his company number, name and address. that would not be gross misconduct for not taking a waterproof coat off on a day it is not needed. if the coat has a logo on it and he wants his logo to be seen, then as suitable attire, he should of provided you with a t-shirt to wear aswell. sounds a bit of a nob.

If you got sacked for that I am fucked.
I hate the company and the management, I am only there to get my bills paid until i find another job, They know this as I have not hidden the fact but aslong as I keep doing my job to an acceptable standard wished by the company theres not alot they can do, I certainly dont go the extra mile for them.

How can anyone say whether you deserve to be sacked or not without knowing what your job is?
Maybe your job is to teach kids how to wear a raincoat when it's not raining.

Tow the line mate and you'd still be in a job. In life people will always piss us off and we'd sometimes like to tell them all where to go, but sadly you have to bite your tongue at times. If you carry on shooting your mouth off like that, in 10 years time I will indeed 'want fries with that'.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Tow the line mate and you'd still be in a job. In life people will always piss us off and we'd sometimes like to tell them all where to go, but sadly you have to bite your tongue at times. If you carry on shooting your mouth off like that, in 10 years time I will indeed 'want fries with that'.

Where's your self respect, you arse licking twat?...;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.