Just gone 7th

We will fall even further down the league next Saturday, Am not looking foward to the game against Chelsea after seen there solid performance today and seen us the last few weeks we look nervous and we could clearly see yesterday we were nervous coming near the end of the game and an equiliser was coming from Hull. If we turn up like that next week we will get absolutely battered!

jwm92 said:
if we win our game in hand we go 4th is that progress ?

For the love of god, I wish people would stop using this, it's really starting to get boring, If is a big word, like if we lose to Chelsea and Bolton we'll be on the same points as Birmingham and 3 points infront of 15th placed Blackburn, 18 furking months and 200+ million and thats progress?

Can people get it into their thick skulls that Hughes will not be sacked even if we get tonked by Chelsea and Arsenal?

We were fucking 18th at Chritmas last season and he didnt get sacked. 7th in the league with a game in hand will not get him sacked in November.

This is the problem when the players are a bigger name then the manager, we need a proven world class manager that the players will respect to give the kick up the arse they need. look at Chelsea, new manager and there top of the table, a new manager would do us a world of good its like getting a new boss at work, it puts you back on your toes with him coming in and saying right, am going to have a good look at you all till Jan before deciding if some of you need to go.

Jose or Guus would sort this team out.

jwm92 said:

If we played and won our game in hand right now we would be...

...5th

Level on points with the Arse but behind on GD. Oh and the Arse would have a game in hand on us...so if they draw or won their game in hand and wrote a nice letter to Santa on our behalf yada, yada

You can go mad trying to spin it this way and that when all you have to do in reality is just tot up the points and see where we are and at this precise moment in time after 13 games played which is one third of a season we are 7th. The End.

Maineblue said:
jwm92 said:

For the love of god, I wish people would stop using this, it's really starting to get boring, If is a big word, like if we lose to Chelsea and Bolton we'll be on the same points as Birmingham and 3 points infront of 15th placed Blackburn, 18 furking months and 200+ million and thats progress?

Spot on fella. On recent form (if we continue to take an average of one point per game) we are in-line to finish the season with circa 50 points. That's no better than last year, and would see us in circa 10th. Let's be honest, if we did go the rest of the season averaging a point per game, would anyone be surprised after last years run away from home?

People need to stop fearing change, I understand the argument for not changing managers, however, the ones we dumped in the past never went on to achieve anything, and this guy is certainly no Baconface, so get that myth out of your system too.

This guy is constantly proving that he is not up to it - he has had enough money and time to make the difference now, and actually seems to be turning world class players into average players.

PaulPowre said:
leewill31 said:
nice post,like i said some of you have a problem atm on this board

your being picky just for the conflict my friend a minor mistake on my part so what i meant was we would go level on points with the fourth placed team.

like i said get some prospective on the matter in hand or have we just adopted a load of new angry kids to the board?

Live in the real word and face facts we are playing awful and sliding down the league.

Alls these if's are just bollox were going backwards not forwards. We have been lucky last 7 games tredding water by picking up 1 point per game now the top 6 are starting to push on and leave us behind.

As i said look at the facts not ifs and buts.

you call me an idiot and then come out with this if's and buts's malarky is that not the point i was getting at to the ops post?

so please tell me who the idiot is again?

and you say we have been lucky how? 4 of the games we draw we were leading and to me that is not lucky that is mistakes being made and not being consitent enough to win, please dont talk out of your arse.

Why do people seem to think we will win our game in hand when we can't beat Hull , Fulham , Burnley or Birmingham ? Am I missing something

svennis pennis said:
Can people get it into their thick skulls that Hughes will not be sacked even if we get tonked by Chelsea and Arsenal?

We were fucking 18th at Chritmas last season and he didnt get sacked. 7th in the league with a game in hand will not get him sacked in November.

Svennis

Perfect logic to which no-one appears to have an answer.

I'll extrapolate to mid-table and trophyless in May = Bye Bye Tafia.

Of course, I don't know if that will be the case although I am as frustrated as everyone else. No need to call each other names though.

My observation would be that all decent managers in the Prem are older than MH and had the opportunity to learn in a less frenetic, billionaire-fuelled age of football [i.e., not in the last five years or so - that even applies to the Special One]. Not that it makes MH any better a manager now, naturally, and, let's be honest, he hasn't exactly been inspiring in the last 18 months.

In conclusion, anything other than a relegation dog fight will keep MH in post until the end of the season. Part of me wonders if a 'top internaitonal manager' is in the wings waiting to snap up stars from the World Cup and then swan into the club come July. Or am I just fantasising? I'd be delighted if MH was our man but I am still awaiting some tangible proof.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.