Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCFC BOB said:
I know this sounds really stupid and childish, but this game is so much bigger than the Derby!

well........yes .

goes without saying really<br /><br />-- Sun May 06, 2012 8:13 am --<br /><br />
leeznufc said:
well guys its hear .

cant wait .. if yous win . it still b e a canny day . as i wanted yous to win instead of manure anyway.

should be good atmospere never seen the toon fans like this for a long time.
think the player s will give 100 % .

whether its good enough i dont know .

cant belive it it s sunny this morning lol.

ooooooooo haway man.
ooooooocheryl cole , ooooooooo ameobi.

yeah cant wait should be a great game im fuckin bricking it

Actually every next game will be the biggest game.

If we and the rags both win, the next game will be the biggest in our history because winning means glory.

Just enjoy the moment, it is history in the making

This is Newcastle United away in the Premier League. If we will play the match and not the occasion, get the ball under control and get our passing game going early, we'll win the game. Stop worrying.

Uber Blues said:
... and utter, total, crazed euphoria.
The previous 36 mean nothing now, the derby is gone, we must take this game by the scruff of the neck and score, score and score again to take this crown from the darkside.
We have the player's to do this, and the fan's will be the 12th man and more.
Just believe City, take us through the next 90 mins and get all three points.
This will be the longest 3 or 4 day's of my life.
Play with the freedom In your hearts City and we will prevail.

WE CAN DO THIS!!

fuck me I'm stressed!!!

If you've supported City for more than a few years you wouldn't have posted this. Even a City and Swansea win doesn't guarantee success and our club's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory knows no bounds.

It isn't over until the fat lady sings.

chaddblue said:
I can see our result dictating how the rags get on against Swansea

We beat Newcastle and I can see them being totally demolarised and unmotivated going into their match, meaning Swansea win and we (for all intents and purposes) win the league whilst we're travelling back down the A1

We fail to beat Newcastle and they will be well up for it and will rip Swansea a new arsehole. Can't see them reclaiming top spot and losing it again on the last day.

So basically, we beat Newcastle we win the league, we don't beat Newcastle they win the league

That's it in a nutshell !

As it stands i'm not expecting United to lose either game , and especially not should we lose at Newcastle ......

if we win there it will make all the difference , and they will fear the worst .... and they'd be right , because even if they did beat Swansea , on the final day they'd be faced with the more difficult fixture!

Chappaz said:
Bilboblue said:
Serious question, why do you think you have a psychological advantage? We have won 4 in a row, scoring for fun again, top of the league and need 2 wins for the title.

Because we're at home. You guys have lost zero at home but lost 5 on the road. It ain't a fluke. It's because teams play with so much more confidence, intensity and tempo when they have 50,000 home fans roaring them on, whilst the opposition will naturally feel intimidated by that. It happens in every match in the PL.

That's hopefully how things will be evened out a little bit, as I wouldn't fancy our chances at the Etihad stadium, at all.

That's all I was referring to when it comes to the psychological advantage though, but if we were to discuss other factors, then we're at the top of the form table, just came off a win against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and need a win to potentially reach the Champions League, so both teams will be equally fired up for this one, but we have the added advantage of home support and home soil.

FFS, I seem to remember we went to a stadium of 70,000 and came back 6-1 winners. I would think our players would be experienced in such things by now..You say you're not cocky but every statement you make reeks of cockiness..
It's a big game for both teams no doubt, and whatever the result i will be proud of what my team has achieved this season..and it will be an indicator of how explosive it is going to be next season..

just a point, newcastle were 8/1 to win this fixture prior to the chelsea win which seen them down to 4/1, nothings changed except they played an under strength chelsea side with a cup final 3 days later, the press have been biging them up since that game to put the frightners on us anyone would think there the real madrid of the north east, i'm ready now and in the chair

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''COME ON CITY'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

sincity said:
FFS, I seem to remember we went to a stadium of 70,000 and came back 6-1 winners. I would think our players would be experienced in such things by now..You say you're not cocky but every statement you make reeks of cockiness..
It's a big game for both teams no doubt, and whatever the result i will be proud of what my team has achieved this season..and it will be an indicator of how explosive it is going to be next season..

No, they won't be experienced enough to deal with it fully. No players are in the Premier League are nor are any teams. That's why you're practically unbeatable at home whilst being beaten 5 times away, and why 99% of teams have a better home record than away record.

Cometh the hour...

Yaya-Toure-City.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.