Just realised I'm missing the last game of the season.

Re: Just realised I'm missing the last game of the season.

lafitz2008 said:
A funeral would be borderline,but a holy communion ........

What if it was your own funeral ?

Just askin'

chidge said:
We've known for the last 6 months that we will be missing the west ham game for the most pathetic of reasons - it'll be the only home game that I've missed this season and all because my dickhead of a sister has organised her son's holy communion (catholic thing) for next Sunday. It's in london, my initial refusal to go caused huge family rift and near divorce - I'm ashamed to say that I was spineless and gave in , my logic was that if I went to match we we wouldn't win title and if I missed it we would (it's working so far)

has anyone had to miss a match of this importance for a worse reason ???

Thank fuck I come from a family of atheists.

Worksop Blue said:
chidge said:
We've known for the last 6 months that we will be missing the west ham game for the most pathetic of reasons - it'll be the only home game that I've missed this season and all because my dickhead of a sister has organised her son's holy communion (catholic thing) for next Sunday. It's in london, my initial refusal to go caused huge family rift and near divorce - I'm ashamed to say that I was spineless and gave in , my logic was that if I went to match we we wouldn't win title and if I missed it we would (it's working so far)

Thank fuck I come from a family of atheists.
If they were true Christians, I'm sure they'd forgive you ;)

Worksop Blue said:
chidge said:

Thank God I come from a family of atheists.

Edited for accuracy

Dj1979 said:
Going on a stag Thursday to Sunday flight back leaves 4.00 so maybe get first 10-15. I might end up taking this flight down with checking the scores

So how much for your ticket? ;)

chidge said:

I once had to miss a christening of a family member as I was at Maine Road

My daughter has forgiven me though

chidge said:

The one good thing about Catholic guilt is that it can be forgiven the following Sunday.

So my advice is to go to the game and then seek forgiveness. It seems to work for most of that persuasion.

My wife has booked for us to go visit our daughter in Dubai we fly on the Saturday her excuse is that she thought the last game was usually around the 20th so I miss the West Ham game still cant believe it

years ago I was going to my best mates wedding then city played leeds in a fa cup game, that one where all hell broke out what did I do, went to leeds of course to watch game, anyway a few years later his brother had his wife so really he should of not got married

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.