Just realised I'm missing the last game of the season.

Re: Just realised I'm missing the last game of the season.

chidge said:
We've known for the last 6 months that we will be missing the west ham game for the most pathetic of reasons - it'll be the only home game that I've missed this season and all because my dickhead of a sister has organised her son's holy communion (catholic thing) for next Sunday. It's in london, my initial refusal to go caused huge family rift and near divorce - I'm ashamed to say that I was spineless and gave in , my logic was that if I went to match we we wouldn't win title and if I missed it we would (it's working so far)

has anyone had to miss a match of this importance for a worse reason ???

If we lose or draw tonight, I would go.

If we win tonight and Wednesday night, I wouldn't go all the way to London for family unless it was a funeral.

Granted I aint Catholic, but as with all these things I never know why family members don't check availability first.

I had to watch the QPR match in The Waldorf, and even though it was great, it wasn't the same as being at the ground.

I don't mean to sound like a dick with this post. But before reading this thead I had honestly just been cleaning my teeth and for no apparent reason I reminded myself that we actually have a rich owner and we are living the dream because of it.

If it was me and I had to go, I'd take my sister to one side and Don Corleone style make look me in the eyes and tell her she has a debt to pay. I'd tell her that some day, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but some day you will ask for that debt to be paid...

chidge said:
We've known for the last 6 months that we will be missing the west ham game for the most pathetic of reasons - it'll be the only home game that I've missed this season and all because my dickhead of a sister has organised her son's holy communion (catholic thing) for next Sunday. It's in london, my initial refusal to go caused huge family rift and near divorce - I'm ashamed to say that I was spineless and gave in , my logic was that if I went to match we we wouldn't win title and if I missed it we would (it's working so far)

has anyone had to miss a match of this importance for a worse reason ???
Can't you get man flu on the Thursday?

Why the fuck can't we win both our games and the Chavs and the Red Scouse lose over the weekend and then you can miss the last game. This sounds like a plan, to me. But you won't see the trophy.

"bluestevei"years ago I was going to my best mates wedding then city played leeds in a fa cup game, that one where all hell broke out what did I do, went to leeds of course to watch game, anyway a few years later his brother had his wife so really he should of not got married

Your best mates not called Rhodri by any chance?

It's a truly awful situation to be in. You're accused of liking 'bloody football' more than your family and wife. It's as if you're being unfaithful to them for a bunch of millionaires running round a field kicking a ball to their mates and they just don't get it and never will. They have never experienced in their own lives the unbridled passion that the love of football can bring. A love that can reduce hard men to tears in an instant. A love that can instil fear, anger, hate and joy all in equal measure and all sometimes in the same 90 minutes. Instead their lives are empty and their happiness is measured in material things, a new smartphone, a new handbag, a family gathering to fill emotional voids. But you're sucked into it and feign interest in their world when your/our world is the real world. Football isn't life but it means the world to you and so it should. It's what defines you, not a church ceremony. Go to the match mate and feel proud.

Convert to islam or jewish and refuse to go on religious grounds

JOGAMIGMOG said:
It's a truly awful situation to be in. You're accused of liking 'bloody football' more than your family and wife. It's as if you're being unfaithful to them for a bunch of millionaires running round a field kicking a ball to their mates and they just don't get it and never will. They have never experienced in their own lives the unbridled passion that the love of football can bring. A love that can reduce hard men to tears in an instant. A love that can instil fear, anger, hate and joy all in equal measure and all sometimes in the same 90 minutes. Instead their lives are empty and their happiness is measured in material things, a new smartphone, a new handbag, a family gathering to fill emotional voids. But you're sucked into it and feign interest in their world when your/our world is the real world. Football isn't life but it means the world to you and so it should. It's what defines you, not a church ceremony. Go to the match mate and feel proud.
I like the cut of your jib Mr Shankly

When i got married to the first mr k it was on a match day because he was in the forces and couldn't be any other day
He wore a sky blue suit and everyone had radio's to their ears
Can't rememember the result as i was the only one concentrating on getting married!

JOGAMIGMOG said:
It's a truly awful situation to be in. You're accused of liking 'bloody football' more than your family and wife. .

Or husband, as the case may be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.