Just Stop Oil protests

They actually worry me. The reason being if I was some selfish oil company executive reliant on maintaining the status quo, I’d probably be loving this. Infighting, disruption, polarisation, lack of a coordinated effort? Sign me up. Their objective is so incredibly important to me but I have absolute no faith that their actions are ultimately working in favour of climate action, as others have said their messaging is so unclear and confusing.

And this is probably the most important problem mankind has ever had to solve, we simply can’t afford to be polarising the public into opposing tribal camps. We’re not going to get anywhere without broad consensus. Broad consensus is how you get governments to actually take action and that’s the only path to victory (if one even still exists).

Labour had huge amounts of investment earmarked for green infrastructure and I find myself wondering if part of the reason they lowered that pledge is because it was politically easier to drop because of the public opinion on activists like this. I don’t think that’s at all unrealistic. And if that didn’t factor in this time, it could do next time. That’s my worry.

We need to be convincing people why this is so important, not creating “with me or against me” groups. This isn’t the civil rights movement or suffrage, problems that are literally rooted in the existence of different groups of people. As much as people make those comparisons I think they’re extremely unhelpful. This is a different problem and it requires vastly different thinking on how to fix it.

They actually worry me. The reason being if I was some selfish oil company executive reliant on maintaining the status quo, I’d probably be loving this. Infighting, disruption, polarisation, lack of a coordinated effort? Sign me up. Their objective is so incredibly important to me but I have absolute no faith that their actions are ultimately working in favour of climate action, as others have said their messaging is so unclear and confusing.

And this is probably the most important problem mankind has ever had to solve, we simply can’t afford to be polarising the public into opposing tribal camps. We’re not going to get anywhere without broad consensus. Broad consensus is how you get governments to actually take action and that’s the only path to victory (if one even still exists).

Labour had huge amounts of investment earmarked for green infrastructure and I find myself wondering if part of the reason they lowered that pledge is because it was politically easier to drop because of the public opinion on activists like this. I don’t think that’s at all unrealistic. And if that didn’t factor in this time, it could do next time. That’s my worry.

We need to be convincing people why this is so important, not creating “with me or against me” groups. This isn’t the civil rights movement or suffrage, problems that are literally rooted in the existence of different groups of people. As much as people make those comparisons I think they’re extremely unhelpful. This is a different problem and it requires vastly different thinking on how to fix it.

Oh ffs!

No words, literally no words can describe the absolute fuckwittery we see on here sometimes.

My favourite thing about Just Stop Oil is all of the pundits that pretend to not know what their aims are. I haven't seen this level of fake confusion since the Me Too movement or the AV vote.

The cunts have graffiti’d Stonehenge now.

Never mind migrants, I’d vote for anyone who pledged to fire these twats out of a cannon to Rwanda.
Don't you know oil was used to create Stonehenge, must be some logic somewhere.

I'm with you, I'd happily give one a smack if they disrupt my life.

Go and protest at the companies responsible for what they don't like not piss everyone who's not a nutter off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.