Just Stop Oil protests

Total dickwads. I bet they went to Stonehenge in a vehicle that uses exactly what they are protesting against.

Which is exactly why they do the protests they do and will keep doing it.
Yeah. Maybe at some point they'll get their message of stopping all new oil and gas licences out there, rather than stopping using oil immediately, making the retort about using current oil based transport moot.

Yeah. Maybe at some point they'll get their message of stopping all new oil and gas licences out there, rather than stopping using oil immediately, making the retort about using current oil based transport moot.

Think they sometimes need to be more explicit about the message behind the protests too - I think the paint over the picture and this one are actually very powerful messages, way more so than when they’re doing the more explicitly disruptive acts, but they need to get the narrative out there as to the why more and not just hope people join the dots.

Think they sometimes need to be more explicit about the message behind the protests too - I think the painting over the picture and this one are actually very powerful messages but they need to get the narrative out there as to the why more and not just hope people join the dots.
Agreed. Their messaging is awful.

Exactly.
And I've done my family history on both the Protestant and Catholic sides as far back as I can get (about 200 years or so) and the Proddy lot also have middle names. More often than not actually.
I'm a working class orange man with a middle name of Billy. All my working class friends and family have middle names.

These people think we’re destroying the planet (and they’re probably right) and care about it. And want to do something about it.

Find it hard to criticise that.
then why don't they pick up a physics and chemistry book and do something about it? They're a bunch of thick morons that's why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.