StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
He went from Man City
to Galatasaray!

Mancini wo oah oah

Carlos Tevez wo-oh oh
Carlos Tevez wo-oh oh
He's playing the Thursday night league
For a dodgy Italian team

when you remember what he was saying saying in the summer he joined juventus cause of ambition of winning CL.

add to that he failed to score in 3 successive CL campaigns! :)

I must admit I did think Juventus would of qualified over Galatasary but well done to Mancini and Galatasaray for the turn around.

I like Gala because of the passion of their fans.

I don't think Utd would want to play them again. Team maybe very beatable.....they are doing very poorly in their league, but travel is an issue

Prestwich_Blue said:
Blue Haze said:
Congrats to Bobby. Strangely his group is just as difficult as the ones he had at City, yet advanced on his first try.
Got through with 7 points yet didn't get through with 10 two seasons ago. Just goes to show how strange the groups can be. Benfica came third on 10 this season as well didn't they?
Yep. So odd how things work out like that.

conormcfc said:
Don't understand why they played it at midday.

Why not just wait till tonight? Would've had more time to sort the pitch out and they could've got a full house. Weird.

I imagine the later they left it, the more chance the pitch had of freezing.

I'm more interested in, since when do abandoned games, carry on from where they left off?

I can see why UEFA would be desperate to get it finished ( more or less ) on time. As fixing a new date to play a new game would probably create all sorts of problems. Plus it would probably mean having to postpone the draw for the next round.

But I was under the impression that the laws of the game stated that abandoned games should be completely replayed from scratch?

Blue Haze said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Blue Haze said:
Congrats to Bobby. Strangely his group is just as difficult as the ones he had at City, yet advanced on his first try.
Got through with 7 points yet didn't get through with 10 two seasons ago. Just goes to show how strange the groups can be. Benfica came third on 10 this season as well didn't they?
And now Napoli go into the Europa League with 12 points. Di Laurentis can fuck off but you have to feel for them.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Blue Haze said:
That's why those "10 points should see us through" comments at the start of the group stages are bollocks. It all depends on how the group pans out. You can get knocked out with 12 points like Napoli and you could conceivably go through with only 4 points (or 6 like Zenit). Weirdly, I think getting 11 points guarantees progress whereas getting 12 points doesn't. The important part of our group stage was beating CSKA home and away, the other results became almost irrelevant.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Blue Haze said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
And now Napoli go into the Europa League with 12 points. Di Laurentis can fuck off but you have to feel for them.

Was just thinking they broke our record.

In fact, that point total must be the maximum mathematically possible to not qualify. Horrible luck for Napoli.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.