Juventus

He was at his peak age as a player, an established member of Brazil's squad and, at club level, had won a heap of medals over the previous four years at the respective most successful clubs in Europe's top two leagues. In the light of that, IMO €37 million was a perfectly respectable valuation.

You're entitled to disagree. I think you're nit-picking and not looking at the big picture.
He wasnt an established player in the Brazil squad though, he didnt even make the squad for the Copa in 2019 the summer he left. And managed 1 competitive appearance in the whole time he was at City, which added to his 1 previous competitive appearance prior to signing for us. And this as you say at the peak of his career.

But isn't that similar (not exactly but, a bit) to a pump and dump stock drop? Over inflate the value of something to send the share prices up or to increase the value so you get more if you sell it.

I think if it's a public company, any kind of book cooking is illegal. I guess if it's a private one it's also illegal as it would be tax fraud
@Nethermoor I don't really know much about pump and dump so I'm not in a position to comment if it is fraud where the cops get involved but, I agree they seem to have been cooking the books re tax evasion.

But isn't that similar (not exactly but, a bit) to a pump and dump stock drop? Over inflate the value of something to send the share prices up or to increase the value so you get more if you sell it.

I think if it's a public company, any kind of book cooking is illegal. I guess if it's a private one it's also illegal as it would be tax fraud
Is this why the Glazers are dumping the raggies? A 'good' WC for their players, Ten Bob in charge, clearing out the dead wood, climbing up the PL!! Now is probably a really good time to cut and run. Several £bn profit after taking out mega amounts.

There are plenty of other valuations that are far more questionable in recent years, especially involving Chelsea and Liverpool.

I always thought sideshow Bob was dodge. Sold by Chelsea fir 50mill and than bought back the next season for 50mill

Is this why the Glazers are dumping the raggies? A 'good' WC for their players, Ten Bob in charge, clearing out the dead wood, climbing up the PL!! Now is probably a really good time to cut and run. Several £bn profit after taking out mega amounts.

I don't think a sale of the rags will happen personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.