Kaizer Chiefs vs City

SuperTed said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but anyone else think that what Zabaleta said in his interview after he was given the man of the match was really good of him?

They gave him the little trophy thing and were ready to cut away and he grabbed the mic and said something along the lines of "I've really enjoyed it here, It's my first time here and the people are friendly and really great, I can't wait to come back for the World Cup, it should be fantastic".

Thought that was brilliant of him.

I thought that was a very nice touch. His English ain't bad either.

bigquinn772 said:
SuperTed said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but anyone else think that what Zabaleta said in his interview after he was given the man of the match was really good of him?

They gave him the little trophy thing and were ready to cut away and he grabbed the mic and said something along the lines of "I've really enjoyed it here, It's my first time here and the people are friendly and really great, I can't wait to come back for the World Cup, it should be fantastic".

Thought that was brilliant of him.

I thought that was a very nice touch. His English ain't bad either.

He was bloody knackered though... poor bloke could barely breathe - they should have given him a second to catch his breath befor turning the cameras on him.

Personally I thought Bridge should have won man of the match, closely followed by their left back (I forget his name but he was a pacey bugger), zab and Ireland. I'm really encouraged by what I saw from Bridge today... both defending and going forward, some of his crosses were especially good. He was a little unlucky with his shot from distance... great power and kept it down well but it was just a tad off target... if he'd have got it on goal I think the keeper would have been stuffed.

gingerman123 said:
firstly - some of you boys need many, and i mean many a chill pill...
and secondly - city til i die

i can't believe "city till i die" comes second for you. you're a wanker and a glory hound.

torres for city, 2009!

(edit: ps - sack the board!)

haha very smart, it doesnt come second for me, it was the second point i wished to make!

edit: what is more, you are obviously one of those ppl who need a chill pill or two!

gingerman123 said:
haha very smart, it doesnt come second for me, it was the second point i wished to make!

couldn't agree more. hard to wrap your head around some of the doomsday talk surrounding a pre-season friendly. to quote kurt vonnegut, it's a bit like putting on knight's armor to attack a hot fudge sundae.

everything was sort of calm and copacetic till the second half, so my theory is the cheerleaders got some of the blues worked up in ways they didn't know how to safely process or discuss. freudian shit, you know?

freudian shit, you know?[/quote]
haha fairplay mate! i do concur that and a bit too much of the bottle perhaps may have done it.
mr sigmund would have a field day no doubt.

Dribble said:
I thought it was a decent run-out, I wouldn't say it was a performance that was gonna put the fear of God into anyone, but it annoys me when the press make ridiculous statements like 'Richest team in the world get stuffed in pre-season' when it's obvious it's a make-shift team we've put out. I saw our players performances like this:

Get Rid Now!!!
Taylor - I'm not particularly religious, but I pray to God, Allah, Buddah or even to the Crazy Frog that he doesn't get anywhere near the 1st team!!!!
Etuhu - Shit!
Benjani - Equally as Shit!!

Needs to improve!
Bridge - Passing was too poor at times and played too many aimless long balls.
De Jong - Needs to impose himself on the game more
Garrido - Didn't do a lot wrong but fills me with dread anytime the ball comes near!
Petrov - Difficult one this..... He didn't get enough service for me to get an opinion, but what he did do, was OK.
Zabaleta - He worries me as a right-back, he was constantly getting caught out of position which put us under pressure. Was definitely better in midfield so needs to sort his head out!
Ireland - Looked a bit rusty to me. Made a few poor passes, but was no worse than the anyone else.

Ones for the Future
McGivern - Good solid display
Mee - Good solid display
Vidal - Was only on for a short time, but I think we have a star in the making!!! He definitely did better than Zab at right-back and made the fact that Etuhu was shit, have less of an impact on us!! Definitelly one to watch!!!!!
Weiss - Decent display with some nice touches. Wasn't on long enough to make an impression on the match.

OK
SWP
Barry

My Verdict:
We need to start playing football more and stop with so many long ball/quick breaks with only 1 'off-side' striker available!!! This kept happening all too often last season and it didn't do us any favours!

I pray we get in defence:
Terry
Lescott
Kolo Toure
Bosingwa
We need a new defence!!!

In midfield: (One from)
Essien
Yaya Toure
Xavi Alonso

With these additions added to the best of what we have, I'd love to hear what 'Purple Nose of the Swamp' had to say!!! Come to think of it, I couldn't give a shit what he thinks!!! CTID

LOL, your username is definatly relevent to your posts.

There is absolutely no correlation between pre season form and how we actually start the season.

The obvious concern though is how many of our main players have yet to play. Not many games left for the new strikers to form partnerships, ditto the back four (assuming we do sign two new CB's). Can see us struggling to gel early in the season.

I was pleasantly surprised by Vidal. Havent heard too much about him. What do those that regularly watch the Academy & Reserves think of him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.