Kaizer Chiefs vs City

kippax88 said:
What was the score i forgot we was playing ive been getting pissed all day haahah city r back wooah woooooooooooooah score btw?? did we win? draw? lose?

Is that you Maureen?

Imgine if we lose to Blackburn.

There'll be complete meltdown on here. Hughes out. Sack the board.

Doesn't bear thinking about.

I have thought this but its nothing compared to what the press would do to us. What can you do ?

alera said:
I have thought this but its nothing compared to what the press would do to us. What can you do ?

Everytime we win, or draw (or win but the performance isn't deemed good enough) this forum will explode in its rage from now on.

Get used to it is all we can do.

Dribble said:
Tron Coltrane said:
i know you're throwing your own two cents in, but you know you're just requesting an entirely new squad, right? is there really nothing about this current squad that you like? i'm not sure an entirely new midfield and back line is in order, and i'm not sure we need to go in guns blazing madrid-style in order to get our hands on those players.

then again, what do i know... i'm just a guy who tuned in to see who won the free car.

(edit: misread that you only want one from the midfield section. my point still stands though. ps - ireland played as well as anyone. you were watching a different game)
As I said, Ireland made a few stray passes but it's only pre-season and he did no worse than anyone else in particular. All I'm saying about our current 'best' defensive line-up is 'Bridge apart' who out of Richards, Ned, Dunne would get into a current top 4 team?

understood. i just feel like "probably our best player on the pitch" and "he did no worse than anyone else" are two distinctly different assessments. i'm in the former category, at the risk of continually hoisting the superman flag subjectively. a couple stray passes, but the only decent through balls and creativity i saw out there, not to mention a box-to-box performance. we're on different pages, that's all.

and yeah, everyone wants a new defensive signing. but fair credit to the first response, your comment did have a certain "football manager" shopping entitlement to it. can't way to see a new signing for our back line, but in the meantime i do think premiership defenses can do far worse than zabaleta/richars/onuoha/bridge. news signings are more than welcome, but excuse me if i'm not willing to hit the panic button and freak out in the meantime.

and yes to everyone with a sense of perspective. this was about fitness and having a run out, questionable selections aside. although it is worth noting that if we're going to shop for some small piece of silverware this season, that giant whale-cock of a trophy they've got is certainly worth a look. we could ship it back third-class and use it as low-income housing.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but anyone else think that what Zabaleta said in his interview after he was given the man of the match was really good of him?

They gave him the little trophy thing and were ready to cut away and he grabbed the mic and said something along the lines of "I've really enjoyed it here, It's my first time here and the people are friendly and really great, I can't wait to come back for the World Cup, it should be fantastic".

Thought that was brilliant of him.

SuperTed said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but anyone else think that what Zabaleta said in his interview after he was given the man of the match was really good of him?

They gave him the little trophy thing and were ready to cut away and he grabbed the mic and said something along the lines of "I've really enjoyed it here, It's my first time here and the people are friendly and really great, I can't wait to come back for the World Cup, it should be fantastic".

Zabaleta is a top bloke, Gives 100% every time he plays, He will be a city legend.

SWPISHOME said:
SuperTed said:

Zabaleta is a top bloke, Gives 100% every time he plays, He will be a city legend.

See page 82 ;)

Very nice touch, imo. Made the point as the interviewer was ready to link back to the studio/ wherever. What a nice bloke.

Tron Coltrane said:
Dribble said:
As I said, Ireland made a few stray passes but it's only pre-season and he did no worse than anyone else in particular. All I'm saying about our current 'best' defensive line-up is 'Bridge apart' who out of Richards, Ned, Dunne would get into a current top 4 team?

understood. i just feel like "probably our best player on the pitch" and "he did no worse than anyone else" are two distinctly different assessments. i'm in the former category, at the risk of continually hoisting the superman flag subjectively. a couple stray passes, but the only decent through balls and creativity i saw out there, not to mention a box-to-box performance. we're on different pages, that's all.

and yeah, everyone wants a new defensive signing. but fair credit to the first response, your comment did have a certain "football manager" shopping entitlement to it. can't way to see a new signing for our back line, but in the meantime i do think premiership defenses can do far worse than zabaleta/richars/onuoha/bridge. news signings are more than welcome, but excuse me if i'm not willing to hit the panic button and freak out in the meantime.

and yes to everyone with a sense of perspective. this was about fitness and having a run out, questionable selections aside. although it is worth noting that if we're going to shop for some small piece of silverware this season, that giant whale-cock of a trophy they've got is certainly worth a look. we could ship it back third-class and use it as low-income housing.
I suppose we're just looking at the same issues, but from different perspectives. All too often onhere fans get shot down for having opinions and I for one believe that having one is every Man City fan's entitlement whether we agree or not.

Where I do disagree though is with the Muppet who said it's like 'Footbal Manager'! All of the players barring Bosingwa & Essien that I mentioned I wished we could get for the coming season, have been linked with us quite strongly recently. I'd accept the 'Football Manager' jibe if I was talking about Messi, Ronaldo et al.

Only 2 weeks ago, Essiens agent said that if an big offer came in for him that they'd listen to it and Bayern Munich have openly been chasing Bosingwa since the transfer window opened and as a right back, I think he's better than what we already have and would be a step in the right direction for us. If these kind of players are remotely available, I personally wish we could go for them so I don't consider adding them to my 'Wish List' being 'Football Manager-ish'

I appreciate the honesty in your statement, I just wanted to clarify my 'Footbal Manager-esq' logic to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.