Kaka: Deeply reluctant to join City according to Guardian

Cityfan-Denmark said:
my guess is that the blokes from Saudi-Arabia are trying to make the deal look less expensive, that way trying to ease up the tension and critisiscm from the rest of the football world. many people thinks that this deal is "not real" (Wenger) and a menace to professional football. But IF, we claim that we are only buying him for 50 mio £ then, no one can say that, because of the Zidane incident. Get my point?

To back my viewpoint up, I got Ajay from yesterday who claimed that it would be an undisclosed fee....

Saudi-Arabia?

Its a garbage interview. Henry Winter is currently sat on Sunday Supplement and hasn't even taken the slightest bit of notice of the article, its his paper FFS!

The guy who shall remain unnamed was probably the tea lady. Everyone is second guessing the move, people do not have the slightest inclining of what is going on. I bet the papers that have the sensationalist headline grabbers today will have a complete 360 on their stories tomorrow and vice versa.

If this article is true (the Observer one)...

And Kaka doesn't sign...

Then we MUST ditch Hughes.

He will have been in the way of us signing the world's greatest player.

mat said:
Imagine your in a job you love with people you would take a bullet for and a place people revered you that you thought would never end.

One day your MD tells you your being transfered to another department which is seen as substandard as it's for "the good of the company". Shell shocked your asked to do one last shift with your work colleagues and others who are as shocked as you are. At this point you well up.

I think he's probably going through a whirlwind of emotions, sadness, rejection, maybe even anger and resentment. If thats the case we should respect his wishes and leave him be. The more this saga continues the higher esteem i have for him. Kaka seems to be a rarity in football nowadays, like our SWP seems motivated by love more than money.

If this was the tranny or Eto they'd be here like a shot.

Good post this. Id love Kaka to sign for us, but not under the circumstances of him being hounded out of Milan that are being reported ( if true). We probably should have added some quality to our current squad and concentrated on getting ourselves up the league table performing on a consistant basis before trying to upheave one of the worlds biggest stars from a club he obviously loves with a passion. I also don't think Milan have helped our cause, they are the ones that have slapped a massive price on his head, and as far as I can make out the greedy bastards want our 100 mill but don't want to part with the player to get it. Why they cant just be honest with there own fans over the deal is just beyond me, they need the money to overhaul an ageing squad hence a need to sell a luxury player. It's that simple. Wonder how much Milan fans will still love Kaka in 3 years time when they've won nothing for 3 years the squad is depleted and he moves on out of his own free will for a cut price of lets say a measly 30 mill to achieve his dreams of winning trophys.

Kaka! said:
If this article is true (the Observer one)...

And Kaka doesn't sign...

Then we MUST ditch Hughes.

He will have been in the way of us signing the world's greatest player.

Its bollocks!!! We should not ditch Hughes because a paper claims he is the reason. You just watch Robinho and Hughes after the game yesterday. Very Pally. Who is Robinhos best friend? Kaka,

its nonsense.

This thread is a joke. First 3 pages of people don't reading the article, just finding ways to talk bullshit about the paper. The article clearly states that the amount being discussed is unrealistic, not the transfer itself.

Then 3 pages of people claiming they lie because no-one from the sheik's camp would talk to them. They clearly state that this is not the case:
The adviser to Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, City's billionaire owner, told Observer Sport from Abu Dhabi last night that media coverage of City's offer for the Milan player, plus reported £500,000-a-week wages, was wildly unrealistic – giving credence to growing rumours in Italy that the story has been hyped up by Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi, in an attempt to earn good publicity when no move materialises and Kaká stays at the San Siro. First reports of the "£100m" bid appeared on a website owned by Berlusconi.

He talks sense:
"A hundred million, in pounds or euros, is ridiculous," he said. "It doubles the previous record for a transfer and, in the current economic climate, how could there possibly be a return on that or a salary of £500,000 a-week? You could do so much else with that amount of money. And, whatever happens, there would be no lump sum payment: payments would be over time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/4279566/Kakas-Manchester-City-deal-to-spark-AC-Milan-raid-on-Premier-League.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html</a>

3rdgenctyboy said:
mat said:
Imagine your in a job you love with people you would take a bullet for and a place people revered you that you thought would never end.

One day your MD tells you your being transfered to another department which is seen as substandard as it's for "the good of the company". Shell shocked your asked to do one last shift with your work colleagues and others who are as shocked as you are. At this point you well up.

I think he's probably going through a whirlwind of emotions, sadness, rejection, maybe even anger and resentment. If thats the case we should respect his wishes and leave him be. The more this saga continues the higher esteem i have for him. Kaka seems to be a rarity in football nowadays, like our SWP seems motivated by love more than money.

If this was the tranny or Eto they'd be here like a shot.

Good post this. Id love Kaka to sign for us, but not under the circumstances of him being hounded out of Milan that are being reported ( if true). We probably should have added some quality to our current squad and concentrated on getting ourselves up the league table performing on a consistant basis before trying to upheave one of the worlds biggest stars from a club he obviously loves with a passion. I also don't think Milan have helped our cause, they are the ones that have slapped a massive price on his head, and as far as I can make out the greedy bastards want our 100 mill but don't want to part with the player to get it. Why they cant just be honest with there own fans over the deal is just beyond me, they need the money to overhaul an ageing squad hence a need to sell a luxury player. It's that simple. Wonder how much Milan fans will still love Kaka in 3 years time when they've won nothing for 3 years the squad is depleted and he moves on out of his own free will for a cut price of lets say a measly 30 mill to achieve his dreams of winning trophys.
Both good posts.Kaka does seem to have humility,that makes him an even better signing if we get him.And Milan do need the cash.Maybe one of the reasons the top 4 hate us,as we are helping to create and or maintain compatition in the champions league.

I don't aree thatKaka will join us reluctantly, AC might be prepared to sell and might agree the figure but it is the player who has the final say whether he puts his signature on the contract. No one will force him to. If he says no are you telling me the AC board will bannish him to the reserves. If Kaka signs he will sign because he wants to join us pure and simple.

svennis pennis said:
Its a garbage interview. Henry Winter is currently sat on Sunday Supplement and hasn't even taken the slightest bit of notice of the article, its his paper FFS!

The guy who shall remain unnamed was probably the tea lady. Everyone is second guessing the move, people do not have the slightest inclining of what is going on. I bet the papers that have the sensationalist headline grabbers today will have a complete 360 on their stories tomorrow and vice versa.

Do you mean a 180? If they did a 360 then surely they'd be facing in the same direction that they started off in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.