Kalidou Koulibaly

Everyone sugesting 20-25 mill need to realise the actual market, we got that for Brahim near the end of his contract. We have also been quoted around 50 Mill for Baston from Inter who is young, inexperienced and 3rd choice.
Ok, I’ll have an internet bet with you, lol, that if we sell him it’s nearer £25mil than £50mil.

We are the worst player selling club there has ever been.

We won 14 games in a row last season with Gundogan in DM. It was not only a winning run but defensively we were immense during this period, barely conceding. I like Gundogan but he's hardly the most mobile. It was around this period Kompany started featuring more frequently.

I'd argue it's the lack of a super solid defence (primarily due to issues at CB) that's caused difficulties for our DMs, not the other way around. We had similar problems in DM during 16/17 which was remedied going into 17/18 by improving our FB and GK situation at the time.

There’s no doubt Pep’s style is so aggressive that whoever we put in those 3 key roles, it’s a huge ask of them as Kompany often said.

There’s no doubt we need a quality CB.

There’s no doubt Ferna no longer has the legs to play DM and we need a long term replacement.

There is some doubt that should be Rodri.

Alaba doesn't fancy it apparently, even with Bayern proposing it.

City have been open to it. Still think there might be some talking round.

Havertz is the other one we would love to do.

Koulibaly, Havertz and Alaba would be the stuff of legend.
You’ll know better than me but I reckon if the ban is overturned pep will extend fairly soon after and some big targets will probably be more receptive to coming

I think some people need a reality check on here regarding our summer targets. There are many reasons we will find the market very difficult this Summer ( and we have found very difficult for the last 2 years ).

CAS hearing and potential catastrophic outcome
Pep in final year of contract and no chance another is being signed
Unable to close major deals for 2 1/2 years except where buy out clause or no competition
Had rings run round us by other Owners and Chairman
More attractive options with other elite teams
Seem unwilling to match financial packages offered elsewhere / or too principled to enter auctions

We should not be going anywhere near negotiations with De Laurentis and what happened with Jorginho.

Havertz can pick the club he wants to go to. We have seen several times that when this is the case we lose out.

Lets get the hearing out of the way then try to come up with some realistic targets that will want to join. Maybe COVID will put us in a good position financially compared to others, but the wrong decision at CAS could ruin the club in the short term.

You’ll know better than me but I reckon if the ban is overturned pep will extend fairly soon after and some big targets will probably be more receptive to coming

I would guess that is what most of us are really hoping for. We are currently in a state of suspense and in need of some positivity .

If we are really interested in Koulibaly and get shafted by Napoli to pay 80m+
it would only show how desperate we are to finally get a proper CB partner for Laporte.

50m maybe, not 80+.
Depends on what we get for possible leavings.

Koulibaly/van Dijk in red would be a shocker though.

Pretty sure Liverpool will have other priorities. Joe Gomez and Matip are good young CBs who can learn alongside Van Dijk.

For them I think they'll need to find a link up striker to back up Firmino, and backup at full back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.