Kalidou Koulibaly

Harvertz aside that goes against our past policy of reducing the age of the squad doesnt it?

Koulibaly is 29 I believe....Alaba is 28

True enough, but we have a decent age nucleus already with Couto, Bernardo, Foden, Ederson, Laporte and Jesus.

The team is currently lacking leaders and that invariably comes with experience and winners.

I don't see Alaba happening, personally.

I do think Cresswell is the right age profile. He reminds me of Robertson in some respects?

There is a player of sorts in there, but you're not quite sure if he can do it at the top level.

With his homegrown status, I'd like to see it happen.

The defensive side of the game is becoming more of a talent void throughout the globe.

Things have moved on in the last decade to the point most people can only identify a couple of obvious world class talents across a back line.

It's all about the attacking kudos these days.

When I think back to the early, mid-90s and all those great Italian and Brazilian defenders...

Such a shame

True enough, but we have a decent age nucleus already with Couto, Bernardo, Foden, Ederson, Laporte and Jesus.

The team is currently lacking leaders and that invariably comes with experience and winners.

I don't see Alaba happening, personally.

I do think Cresswell is the right age profile. He reminds me of Robertson in some respects?

There is a player of sorts in there, but you're not quite sure if he can do it at the top level.

With his homegrown status, I'd like to see it happen.

The defensive side of the game is becoming more of a talent void throughout the globe.

Things have moved on in the last decade to the point most people can only identify a couple of obvious world class talents across a back line.

It's all about the attacking kudos these days.

When I think back to the early, mid-90s and all those great Italian and Brazilian defenders...

Such a shame

you mean Aaron Cresswell? He’s 30 years old, not sure what kind of fee would be required.

The leftback dilemma is still a tough one. Not many outstanding available. I wouldn’t be against bringing Angelino back. He’s better than Zinchenko. Then the funds can be used on a midfielder/winger. Koulibaly is a must imo, if we sign only one player this window it has to be him.

Maybe we are desperate in the meantime to pay
the key word is reserve

if we get some a decent centre half this summer we wont need him to play there....

he is still the best option in midfield (over Gundogan and Rodri)

Listen to Pep. Dinho's legs are not able to cover DM anymore.
Surely you understand the immense difference in workrate between DM and CB?
That ship has sailed since summer 2019.

We already see his legs are not able to cover counter situations as a CB.
He still has enough value for a season, but not as a starter, as a cover.
Be realistic, times have changed.

you mean Aaron Cresswell? He’s 30 years old, not sure what kind of fee would be required.

The leftback dilemma is still a tough one. Not many outstanding available. I wouldn’t be against bringing Angelino back. He’s better than Zinchenko. Then the funds can be used on a midfielder/winger. Koulibaly is a must imo, if we sign only one player this window it has po

The leftback dilemma is still a tough one. Not many outstanding available. I wouldn’t be against bringing Angelino back. He’s better than Zinchenko. Then the funds can be used on a midfielder/winger. Koulibaly is a must imo, if we sign only one player this window it has to be him.
Think the lad means Chilwell, forgive him his mind is usually on the short skirts of the Wimbledon darlings at this time of year!

A Chilwell, no thanks, do you see the fee quoted for him?? £70m+ absolute joke. £70m for a player that can’t defend, we have enough of those.

the key word is reserve

if we get some a decent centre half this summer we wont need him to play there....

he is still the best option in midfield (over Gundogan and Rodri)
In your opinion, not in Peps, so he won't play in midfield ahead of Rodri and Gundogan no matter how many times anyone posts it.

If we are really interested in Koulibaly and get shafted by Napoli to pay 80m+
it would only show how desperate we are to finally get a proper CB partner for Laporte.

50m maybe, not 80+.
Depends on what we get for possible leavings.

Koulibaly/van Dijk in red would be a shocker though.

Haha, first sign of old age!!

Chilwell, not Richard Cresswell:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.