Kalidou Koulibaly

that we can absolutely agree on ;-)

I am the same with some supporters, wish we could unload -)
We cannot pay 95 million for a 29 yr old defender, and it is not my money.
In fact we could not pay 50 million for a player that age, I am surprised so few people cannot see that.

Last edited:
I don't get why some of this forum has an axe to grind with him.
It’s completely bizarre. If you ever listened to him he clearly cares a lot about what he does, owns up to mistakes when he makes them, and makes a real effort to interact with supporters as much as possible and for that people on here love to shit on him. It’s really stupid.

It’s completely bizarre. If you ever listened to him he clearly cares a lot about what he does, owns up to mistakes when he makes them, and makes a real effort to interact with supporters as much as possible and for that people on here love to shit on him. It’s really stupid.
Personally I don't dislike the guy, I don't even know him haha! He could be lovely for all I know.

I just really don't rate his insider knowledge. Obviously he has more knowledge than most but I'm just not convinced. Plus when he was at Goal (I haven't followed him since he left) I just happened to really not enjoy his columns.

If you ever listened to him he clearly cares a lot about what he does, owns up to mistakes when he makes them
I've noticed Mendy does this too. Different topic but I wish he could get a break from supporters.

I am the same with some supporters, wish we could unload -)
We cannot pay 95 million for a 29 yr old defender, and it is not my money.
In fact we could not pay 50 million for a player that age, I am surprised so few people cannot see that.

He only turned 29 a week ago, we could easily get 5 years top quality service from him. 95M? The reports the other day were suggesting 72M.

Off course we could buy a younger CB for 50M who's not fit to lace Koulibaly's boots.

I personally don’t see the obsession with only wanting to sign players who are younger than 26.

Stones and Laporte should have been our long-term future but it hasn’t really worked out that way. Also, having the right mix of experience and peak players allows the youngsters to get a shot.

Foden would have probably left the club for first team football if it wasn’t for Silva’s planned exit.

Brining in a 29 year old in his peak could mean that Garcia’s game time is carefully managed so he spends the next two seasons in the current Foden like role before becoming a regular.

I also couldn’t give a shit about players having a resale value. With our track record of selling players we’d struggle to sell water to a thirsty person in the desert. We’re also not a selling club and Sane shows that resale is not always guaranteed. That said, I’d rather look at players and whether they are value for money as opposed to what they could hypothetically sell for in the future.

he’s right tho,the money they roll in is farcical

I used to think this too but a colleague who's a PSG fan. He explained to me that outside of Mbappe and Neymar they have been very focused on youth development, free signings, cheap signings. City have spread our spending all around the squad but PSG have concentrated it on a few positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.