Kalidou Koulibaly

Is unlikely but would be two top signings and would sort our defensive woes, think Ake will go Chelsea personally, do they have some sort of buy back clause on him?

Rumors that they have a first refusal clause, but it's never really been confirmed. I think we'd have to sell Stones AND Ota to sign them both - but I get the feeling that we're going to try to do exactly that.

Rumors that they have a first refusal clause, but it's never really been confirmed. I think we'd have to sell Stones AND Ota to sign them both - but I get the feeling that we're going to try to do exactly that.
I take it ornstein is partly right and that Koulibaly is a bit further down the line than he is saying

Stones should be easy to sell being homegrown and still does have the potential to be an excellent CB if he can avoid injuries. Otamendi on the other hand might be difficult, not many teams will want to pay his wages.

I take it ornstein is partly right and that Koulibaly is a bit further down the line than he is saying

I don't think so. He's just confirmed what I said the other day - City want Koulibaly. The fact we haven't spoken to Napoli yet is no real surprise tbh. Key thing is that it sounds like Koulibaly's preference is to move to City.

I thought they had a buyback clause for £40m but it expired last summer.

Stones should be easy to sell being homegrown and still does have the potential to be an excellent CB if he can avoid injuries. Otamendi on the other hand might be difficult, not many teams will want to pay his wages.

We're giving Otamendi away on a free this summer, I'm almost sure of it. Just getting his wages off the books will be enough IMO.

Cannot work out if we are buying one more a CB or two. We seemed short of two at times this year but it’s a bit of a freak season. Will perhaps make sense to buy two if we are switch to 3 at the back which makes sense but not sure we will actually do it. I can only see us being able to get rid of Otamendi not him and Stones and I would like to see him given one more season. Also how does Sandler Harwood Bellis and Adradabioyo fit in ?

When you mention the inexperienced Fernandinho back up I take it you are referring to Sandler who you have mentioned before is due to come back from his loan at Anderlecht?

Yes! And one of his best traits are his fast speed & amazing passing ability.(the best passer in the Belgium League)
He can also play as a Defensive Midfield already, so he would make the perfect understudy to Fernandinho.

Yes! And one of his best traits are his fast speed & amazing passing ability.(the best passer in the Belgium League)
He can also play as a Defensive Midfield already, so he would make the perfect understudy to Fernandinho.

He only started 9 games and hasn't kicked a ball since October because of a catastrophic knee injury.

He's not getting near the squad next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.