Kalidou Koulibaly

Suspect they can't afford him , same as Werner.
If Napoli play hardball on the price ( as they will), then unlikely they can afford him.
Key is a deal involving Lovren and maybe Napoli are not interested ?
So what do you do ? ....make it sound as It is you that are not interested and save face..

If Napoli play hardball on the price ( as they will), then unlikely they can afford him.
Key is a deal involving Lovren and maybe Napoli are not interested ?
So what do you do ? ....make it sound as It is you that are not interested and save face..

I see a lot of posters making this point about Napoli playing hardball mostly because of the owner and the whole Jorginho saga.

the thing is that was a whole different Napoli that was competing for the title or comfortably finishing top 3.

Now Napoli is 12 points off 4th place with an aging squad. Key players in attack like Mertens, Insigne and Callejon are 29+ years old, same for defenders. They got a few quality young players like Lozano and Fabian but overall they don’t have many valuable players.

The loss of CL money will hit them hard. They simply must sell this summer. So they may play hardball but if we walk away on the Koulibaly deal, they are fucked. They would have to pray someone comes in for Fabian Ruiz for huge money or another club comes in for Koulibaly ready to surpass our offer, both unlikely. Gattuso even said he expects only 80% of the squad to stay. I don’t imagine they will keep Koulibaly, it just doesn’t make sense for them. Now is the best time to sell.

Last edited:
I have no idea if it’s related Di Marzio is saying Lille striker Victor Oshimen is flying to Naples today to hold talks with Napoli. His team-mate, Gabriel, a central defender is also set to fly with Napoli hoping to conclude a £100m deal for the pair.

I have no idea if it’s related Di Marzio is saying Lille striker Victor Oshimen is flying to Naples today to hold talks with Napoli. His team-mate, Gabriel, a central defender is also set to fly with Napoli hoping to conclude a £100m deal for the pair.

So they're gonna need some money to help pay for that.... Welcome to Manchester Kalidou Koulibaly

Napoli certainly don't have 100m laying around in general especially after Covid if a CB is coming in there, I expect that we have probably already talked to Napoli about Koulibaly if they are preparing to spend 100m

How do you pronounce his name? I just got laughed at by my Italian barber for saying kooly balli.

When I was in Naples a couple of years ago the locals pronounced his name along the lines of "Kool-lah-balliii" with the emphasis on the end or simply K2 in reference to the mountain.

Who knows if the Italians are pronouncing it correctly in the first place, bearing in mind he's from Senegal.

Id imagine if this sort of rumour is out in the papers then somewhere is speaking, Txiki would have spoken with his agent before any sort of official move so Ake seemingly hasn't said no.

Ake will fancy his chances to get in the first team, I presume we move on Ota and Stones. He could very well play RCB or play in a 3 if we got Koulibaily as well.
Lets just sign him then pretend he's Ruud Gullit.

Napoli certainly don't have 100m laying around in general especially after Covid if a CB is coming in there, I expect that we have probably already talked to Napoli about Koulibaly if they are preparing to spend 100m

So Napoli will be looking to recoup some of that money back, no doubt they'll start by asking £100m for Koulibaly which they won't get

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.