Kalidou Koulibaly

A failure like Laporte, an untried French centre back who couldn't even get in the national team. Not all young defenders are doomed to failure.
That’s some serious a) revisionism and b) wilful ignorance of the politics of why he wasn’t selected for France.

That’s some serious a) revisionism and b) wilful ignorance of the politics of why he wasn’t selected for France.
c) neither
It was very simply showing that a young defender can be a huge success despite very little Champions League and no International experience.
Except the figures banded around are 45m euros and therefore half of the amount you’re arguing against.
'If City or United or PSG with €100million (£90m) showed up, I would think about it and it is probable that they would leave, always if their will was to leave,' De Laurentiis told Corriere dello Sport.
'I don't even consider an offer of €60m (£55m). I am solid, if I wanted to win the Scudetto at any cost today I would find myself with three, four hundred million debts. I don't owe anyone s***.'

c) neither
It was very simply showing that a young defender can be a huge success despite very little Champions League and no International experience.

'If City or United or PSG with €100million (£90m) showed up, I would think about it and it is probable that they would leave, always if their will was to leave,' De Laurentiis told Corriere dello Sport.
'I don't even consider an offer of €60m (£55m). I am solid, if I wanted to win the Scudetto at any cost today I would find myself with three, four hundred million debts. I don't owe anyone s***.'
Was this quote before or after coronavirus? Similar question, was this quote before or after Napolis team mutiny?

Was this quote before or after coronavirus? Similar question, was this quote before or after Napolis team mutiny?
Various sources reported it on 15th June 2020, I can't find anything reported before then although I'm happy to be proven wrong. I don't want us paying that kind of money, if you can find anything supporting the previous posters claim from a direct source (not just press speculation) then all the better.

The appointment of Lillo is going to help a lot with that.
Since a lot of their development will take place in training, just like it was with Foden's.

the footedness balance is extremely important to our build up play.

having a right footed player on the left loses some advantage, no matter how two footed they might be. It's just not the same, especially when we play top European teams.

How good are Sandler and Adarabioyo

Do you think Fernandinho can hack it one more season I fear a very quick drop of due to the amount of work / strain he puts on his body but could mean he is fitter and lasts longer

c) neither

We’ll see. That’s just talk, he holds no cards, like we didn’t we Sane.

We’ll see. That’s just talk, he holds no cards, like we didn’t we Sane.
Oh I completely agree, if Koulibaly has his heart set on coming here (ban or no ban according to Tolmie) then we've got a great chance of a lower price. De Laurentiis is a notoriously difficult person to deal with however and he generally doesn't back down whatever the scenario, I did add in some wiggle room by saying £70-90m which is considerably lower than De Laurentiis stated. I personally still think £70m is too high no matter how good Koulibaly is, I think it's too big a gamble with no back-out plan if it doesn't work out which is always a possibility.

The £40m you're saying is fairies and unicorns in my opinion, much like the £70-80m plus people were saying we should have held out for on the Sane deal. If you could get Koulibaly for that price, it might be worth the gamble, I certainly don't think anyone could argue against it too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.