Kalidou Koulibaly

De Laurentiis has overplayed his hand, a year older with a contract a year shorter and the impact of COVID 19 means the days of getting £70-90 million are gone. £65 million max is what he should cost.

How good are Sandler and Adarabioyo

Do you think Fernandinho can hack it one more season I fear a very quick drop of due to the amount of work / strain he puts on his body but could mean he is fitter and lasts longer
Overall they are both good prospects.

Around the same level in physical attributes.
Sandler's passing & technical ability is superior to Tosin's.
Those combined with Sandler's positional flexibility (He can also play as a DM) makes him much more suited to be the understudy to Ferna compared to Tosin.

Yes Fernandinho should be able to. CB is an easy position to play fitness wise. I don't think he picked up any "injuries" this season despite playing much more then expected.

De Laurentiis has overplayed his hand, a year older with a contract a year shorter and the impact of COVID 19 means the days of getting £70-90 million are gone. £65 million max is what he should cost.
About right. Contract until 2023 but his age forces ADL's hand.

"Napoli will make Kalidou Koulibaly available when they finalise a £70million deal for Lille forward Victor Osimhen.

The Senegal international, 29, would be expected to fetch around the same price as Osimhen when he moves."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ansfer-notebooknapoli-make-kalidou-koulibaly/

Overall they are both good prospects.

Around the same level in physical attributes.
Sandler's passing & technical ability is superior to Tosin's.
Those combined with Sandler's positional flexibility (He can also play as a DM) makes him much more suited to be the understudy to Ferna compared to Tosin.

Yes Fernandinho should be able to. CB is an easy position to play fitness wise. I don't think he picked up any "injuries" this season despite playing much more then expected.

Easy to play fitness wise, tell that to Vincent Kompany or John Stones...

Fernandinho rarely ever picks up random muscle injuries at the rate those two do.

Surely has much more to do with their respective bodies than the position they play? Ferna rarely pulled up with muscle injuries while covering every area of the pitch in midfield either, but he is in his mid-thirties now. It's less to do with whether or not his body can stay healthy enough to be deemed fit enough to play and more to do with how long his body can actually hack it playing at this level.

A lot of people seems to think that players that never relied on pace or athleticism(athleticsm is a huge part of Fernas game) doesn't decline at the same rate as those that do, but the thing is as soon as some players lose a yard of pace or turns a bit slower, or gets a bit weaker suddenly everything is a bit off. The touch, their reactions, the passing, the pace they have to play the game at. David Silva is a prime example. He has never ever relied on physicality but as he declined physically his main strenghts like passing, dribbling and dictating the tempo has failed him massively as well. Still brilliant on his day, but he has let more games pass him by the last 18 months than he did in the last 7-8 years before that combined

Going into another season relying on Fernandinho in one way or another just frightens me. Done it for 3 seasons now and he's barely let us down, but he's aging out, slowing down and if we go into next season intending with Dinho to play 3 times every 7 days, we may as well end hopes there

Going into another season relying on Fernandinho in one way or another just frightens me. Done it for 3 seasons now and he's barely let us down, but he's aging out, slowing down and if we go into next season intending with Dinho to play 3 times every 7 days, we may as well end hopes there
I don’t think we would though, as we would have Garcia rotating with him as well. Obviously most of us would agree Koulibaly would be great and definitely help a lot but if Laporte stays fit with Garcia and Fernandinho rotating with him I think we would be much better than this year. (As long as we sort ourselves out further up the pitch)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.