Kalidou Koulibaly

Laporte / Ake
Garcia / Tosin / Harwood-Bellis
* Fernandinho to step in whenever required *

If Garcia, Tosin and Harwood-Bellis all fail which I highly doubt, we can always buy a CB next summer.

Laporte / Ake

If Garcia, Tosin and Harwood-Bellis all fail which I highly doubt, we can always buy a CB next summer.

Ake(1.80m) would leave a bit more height to be desired from the #2 CB(not the most important, Ferna partnered Garcia in the PL twice, but it helps)

Ake(1.80m) would leave a bit more height to be desired from the #2 CB(not the most important, Ferna partnered Garcia in the PL twice, but it helps)
The lack of height isn't ideal with him or Garcia but there's compromises with all players (with the exception of De Bruyne). Being left footed, making our build up play safer and quicker by far mitigates the 2-3 headers we concede a season which are down to a lack of physicality. The headed goals we concede are generally a lack of concentration, bad marking or from a set piece up against any of the other 8 outfield players.

Sport Witness has spoken. Case closed I guess.

Back to Football Man- Sorry the drawing board

aren't you tired of continuously getting schooled in discussions by someone who plays football manager and base his entire opinion on it?

And to make it worse you have to resort to insults & name calling...

aren't you tired of continuously getting schooled in discussions by someone who plays football manager and base his entire opinion on it?

I don't think you're schooling anyone mate. And FWIW I love Football Manager, but I wouldn't use it to base my footballing opinions/transfer targets with maybe the exception of checking what position someone plays if I have it open. Yes I do overstep the mark, but you constantly act as if you know everything and know better than everyone in here

Sport witness haven’t spoken, the local Belgian reporters have spoken, as cited by Sports Witness

Laporte / Ake

If you think City are going to next season with CB options like that, you are wrong big time.

These owners bought City to promote Abu Dhabi and the best way to promote it, is success and you always give best chances of success. Those CB optionsa are not going to give any sort of success.

This City project by these owners is not charity. Silver Lake are looking for huge gains on their shares as well and time is ticking on that too. The more poor seasons there are, less cash Silver Lake are going to get when they sell their shares in 10 years. (It was said in FT that they wont keep them for more than 10 years).

The internal pressure to get success is real, dont kid yourself.

If you think City are going to next season with CB options like that, you are wrong big time.

These owners bought City to promote Abu Dhabi and the best way to promote it, is success and you always give best chances of success. Those CB optionsa are not going to give any sort of success.

This City project by these owners is not charity. Silver Lake are looking for huge gains on their shares as well and time is ticking on that too. The more poor seasons there are, less cash Silver Lake are going to get when they sell their shares in 10 years. (It was said in FT that they wont keep them for more than 10 years).

No one is doubting the expectations but there is balance to every argument. If what you say is so critical to investors like Silver Lake why didn't we buy Laporte and Van Dijk, why didn't we stump up the additional funds of Sanchez or Maguire or Jorginho, why didn't we compete for the signatures of the likes of Neymar and Mbappe.

No one is doubting the expectations but there is balance to every argument. If what you say is so critical to investors like Silver Lake why didn't we buy Laporte and Van Dijk, why didn't we stump up the additional funds of Sanchez or Maguire or Jorginho, why didn't we compete for the signatures of the likes of Neymar and Mbappe.

I think what you're proposing is one of those nice in theory, but could go horribly wrong in reality. I'd love to see Tosin, Eric and Taylor all get their chance here to really prove themselves, but Taylor only stepped up from the u18s last season, I think he needs either a year solidly in the EDS with cup and occasional league minutes, or a loan to the Championship at a club where he's got realistic chances of starting regularly.

As for Tosin, I think he's great and improved but if we're going into next season with him - 2 years championship experience (both in relatively mediocre teams) as our starting RCB, I am worried against the big sides. I think if he were to agree say a loan to an Everton or even Wolves at best, and have one year in the PL at a non relegation threatened side, he could really kick on and prove if he's good enough for us. Maybe even Celtic, especially for the European exposure whether EL or CL.

And Eric, my personal favourite of the three and what he lacks in physicality he does make up for in passing and grit and effort, which does make him an especially good partner for Laporte. Barely any mistakes and largely had his blushes saved when he has, and I think he's ready to be the first name on the bench/first rotation CB. A year with pretty regular game time in all comps could transform him, especially if he could put a bit of muscle on too.

I do think this points to needing a top CB who's a bit older, to give space for these young guys to take over if they prove good enough. Koulibaly is literally the perfect choice. At his peak, still looks fantastic and a level above our current slate of CBs besides Laporte. VVD, Ramos, Laporte and Koulibaly (in no order) are in my eyes the top 4 CBs in the world. Having two of them starting for us would be transformational.

So Sheikh Mansour bought City to promote Abu Dhabi, interesting I didn't know that..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.