Kalidou Koulibaly

Rodri and Yaya are not comparable.

If Rodri is comparable to anyone in that team it would be Gareth Barry (who he is better than IMHO).
Yaya is more similar to KdB.
Silva could be Bernardo Silva or Foden.
You are probably right that Jesus will never score like Agüero, but remember WE STILL HAVE AGÜERO. When he leaves we need to buy a top class striker, possibly we could sign him pre-emptively but for the moment we still have Agüero and Jesus.
Rodri better than Barry?! Behave.

Have to be honest never seen 1 second of this lad.

Is he dominant
Is he a leader
Is he fast
Does he talk
Does he score goals
How is he one on one
Does he take the ball out of defence
And the important one does he point a lot.

from the clips ive seen which to be honest not very much but he runs like Roque Santa Cruz if that helps

Rodri and Yaya are not comparable.

If Rodri is comparable to anyone in that team it would be Gareth Barry (who he is better than IMHO).
Yaya is more similar to KdB.
Silva could be Bernardo Silva or Foden.
You are probably right that Jesus will never score like Agüero, but remember WE STILL HAVE AGÜERO. When he leaves we need to buy a top class striker, possibly we could sign him pre-emptively but for the moment we still have Agüero and Jesus.
Thinking about it you are correct. And if Koubaly turns up you could say that

Him, KdB, Bernie, Kun is every bit as strong as what we had before.

Reactions: kun
Rodri better than Barry?! Behave.
Not based on just this season but his entire skillset. I am a massive fan of Gareth Barry but he had some serious weaknesses and would have been exposed as a single pivot IMO. Rodri has not been perfect but he is an equally good if not better passer than GB, bigger and better in the air, contributes more goals/attacking output in general.

Not based on just this season but his entire skillset. I am a massive fan of Gareth Barry but he had some serious weaknesses and would have been exposed as a single pivot IMO. Rodri has not been perfect but he is an equally good if not better passer than GB, bigger and better in the air, contributes more goals/attacking output in general.
Barry better in a tackle, reads game better. No slouch in the air. Class player for City. Rodri needs to improve significantly for me yet to do anything for us. Hopefully he will step up next year but reminds me of Matic too one pace.

Barry better in a tackle, reads game better. No slouch in the air. Class player for City. Rodri needs to improve significantly for me yet to do anything for us. Hopefully he will step up next year but reminds me of Matic too one pace.
Barry, to be fair, didn't have to adapt to the English game. He was also in his peak when he signed for City while Rodri is 5 years younger.
In Spain Rodri read the game as well as anybody (except maybe Busquets) while Barry also really struggled with pace and was arguably slower than Rodri due to his shorter stride.

I agree Rodri needs to improve but I would be incredibly surprised if he didn't.

If I remember correctly Barry either played with Yaya or de Jong. Sometimes both. DS often played wide to accommodate this.

Under Pellers we had Dinho and Yaya.

We still scored loads. In the upcoming game I'd like to see Rodri paired with Dinho.
That still allows us to play Raheem, keV, Bernie and GS.

Rodri not fit to wipe Barry's arse based on what I've seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.