Kalidou Koulibaly

Sterling and Sane were absolute top dollar and perhaps even overpriced at the time. Young, inconsistent and unproven. We were mocked in some quarters.
I still think we let Sane go far too cheaply. Hazard went to Madrid for 100m in similar circumstances
Jesus hasn’t kicked on, isn’t anywhere near elite and in reality isn’t actually worth that much more than what we paid, though we could probably get a lot more purely down to Brazil caps.
Gundogan was cheap but had 12 months left and was recovering from a brutal knee injury. Didn’t kick a ball for us for several months after signing and sadly has never been the same player as he was beforehand.
Ederson fair enough, love the guy. But he was for a few weeks of a weak pound/Euro possibly the most expensive keeper in history.
Bernardo, again love the man to bits. But 1/1.5 decent seasons out of 3 isn’t conclusive evidence of a bargain, though tbf he has been played out of position by Pep this year.

Your argument doesn't make any sense when we have hindsight. What anybody thought about the price we paid for any of them is irrelevant because we now know whether it was worth it or not. Every player I mentioned appreciated in value, some of them two-fold. It doesn't matter if people thought we overpaid for Sterling when we could sell him now for 120m+.

The entirety of this post is bad, but this is the dumbest part. Hazard is/was a world class player in the very peak of his career. Sane on the other hand just shredded his knee ligaments and hasn't played football for a year. Oh, and there's a fucking worldwide pandemic going on which is depressing transfer values.
Hazard had several bad, bad injuries before he signed for Madrid. And he has had more since he went there. In fact he has missed most of the pre-COVID season. And he is considerably older.
But yeah. All that notwithstanding....

Your argument doesn't make any sense when we have hindsight. What anybody thought about the price we paid for any of them is irrelevant because we now know whether it was worth it or not. Every player I mentioned appreciated in value, some of them two-fold. It doesn't matter if people thought we overpaid for Sterling when we could sell him now for 120m+.
Ignoring the Mangala/Nolito in the room....

So we let Sane go too cheap but Gundogan was only cheap because he had a year left on his contract and just had a bad knee injury...
Gundogan was an already mid-20s midfielder who hadn’t quite lived up to his early potential and who had already been passed over by Madrid, Bayern etc as pretty good but not absolute top class- not a young forward (with the ensuing premium) and imo still a potential global superstar

Gundogan was an already mid-20s midfielder who hadn’t quite lived up to his early potential and who had already been passed over by Madrid, Bayern etc as pretty good but not absolute top class- not a young forward (with the ensuing premium) and imo still a potential global superstar
Plus Gundo’s injury was his second bad one iirc

We pretty much got our money for Nolito and every team has their Mangala. I'll be happy with another Mangala if we sign another KDB, Sterling, Jesus etc.
Agree with that 100%. Fair enough.
While we’ve been arguing this toss I’ve quite literally just come back inside from chasing a couple of smackheads who tried to steal my neighbour’s car from out the front, so I suppose discussing the value for money obtained by a multi-billion pound organisation suddenly doesn’t feel so important in the grand scheme of things!

Agree with that 100%. Fair enough.
While we’ve been arguing this toss I’ve quite literally just come back inside from chasing a couple of smackheads who tried to steal my neighbour’s car from out the front, so I suppose discussing the value for money obtained by a multi-billion pound organisation suddenly doesn’t feel so important in the grand scheme of things!
Smack rat update: dibble have caught them trying another couple of cars round the corner, they’ve been at it all night apparently, coming round in a few minutes for a statement.
If they want me to stay up for another hour then I’m definitely going to ask them for their neutral opinions on Txiki’s transfer record...

Sterling and Sane were absolute top dollar and perhaps even overpriced at the time. Young, inconsistent and unproven. We were mocked in some quarters.
I still think we let Sane go far too cheaply. Hazard went to Madrid for 100m in similar circumstances
Jesus hasn’t kicked on, isn’t anywhere near elite and in reality isn’t actually worth that much more than what we paid, though we could probably get a lot more purely down to Brazil caps.
Gundogan was cheap but had 12 months left and was recovering from a brutal knee injury. Didn’t kick a ball for us for several months after signing and sadly has never been the same player as he was beforehand.
Ederson fair enough, love the guy. But he was for a few weeks of a weak pound/Euro possibly the most expensive keeper in history.
Bernardo, again love the man to bits. But 1/1.5 decent seasons out of 3 isn’t conclusive evidence of a bargain, though tbf he has been played out of position by Pep this year.
Normally when someone posts what appears to be a load of biased crap, I try to understand where they are coming from to see if there is any logic in that view.

Having read several of your recent posts on this, there can only be one reason. You are pissed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.